Engin Block Alignment >

Engin Block Alignment

Engin Block Alignment

Old 06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engin Block Alignment

Hey guys, I am just completing my new transom and stringer project and I have another question and thought I would look for some input. I have my transom plate and gimbal being bolted together today. I hope to set the motor back in later this week. My question is what steps should I follow to make sure the motor is back in correctly since the transom and stringers are new and the motor mounts need to be located and drilled? I did buy an engine alignment tool, fyi.

I thought I would set the block back in the boat and with the alignment tool I would align the motor to where it need to be, then hold the side motor mounts up and mart the holes for the bolts, then pull the motor back out drill and set the side motor mounts then drop the block back down and re-align?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I did. you have to bolt the mounts all up to the engine, and position it so the tool slides in and out of the gimbal freely. the just mark your holes, reinstall the engine and check alignment after the side mounts are bolted to the stringers, re-adjust as needed. My Bravo 1 attached to the transomplate so that helped with mine. Dont forget to slime the drilled holes w/marine silicone before you put the bolts back in.