Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Performance Ideas? >

Performance Ideas?

Notices

Performance Ideas?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get rid of the bravo III first, then go from there.....there should be a good market for your drive...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a hell of a deal on the swap shop for EMI exhaust.
I agree sell your bravo 3 and get a bravo 1. Are the Bravo uppers the same? Can he just swap the lower? If so sell the lower and get a -2 shortie. Assuming the drive is to low which I probably is. That would need to be measured.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

" i just spent $ 5000 on new exhaust, new intake , new ignition and some magic beans and im supposed to have an additional 200 hp now but i don't go any faster... why not ?"

try not to be another one.[/QUOTE]

What heads do you have? If you would like share a few of the particulars.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
" i just spent $ 5000 on new exhaust, new intake , new ignition and some magic beans and im supposed to have an additional 200 hp now but i don't go any faster... why not ?"

try not to be another one.
The cam is the key. Did you use RMbuilder for your valvetrain? I just gained 5 MPH with about 2k in parts. I already had exhaust, forged 489, Holley MPI and everything else that goes with it. Exhaust and intake alone will not get you much. What are these magic beans someone sold you on.

Last edited by jeffswav; 07-23-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key to the whole project is the magic beans..... Just kidding, I think I might just sell the boat and maybe get one that can already do what I want instead of dumping a bunch of money and hoping!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
The cam is the key. Did you use RMbuilder for your valvetrain? I just gained 5 MPH with about 2k in parts. I already had exhaust, forged 489, Holley MPI and everything else that goes with it. Exhaust and intake alone will not get you much. What are these magic beans someone sold you on.

Hey Jeff,
Just wanted to make sure you know that I had QUOTED "Stevesxm" from a previous post of his. It looked as if it was my post. I was wondering the same thing you were.

By the way did you get your boat propped correctly. I don't recall seeing anything new since you were looking for a 23 pitch.
John
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Hey Jeff,
Just wanted to make sure you know that I had QUOTED "Stevesxm" from a previous post of his. It looked as if it was my post. I was wondering the same thing you were.

By the way did you get your boat propped correctly. I don't recall seeing anything new since you were looking for a 23 pitch.
John
I am still running the 25 Mirage. I did hit the 70MPH mark on GPS this weekend 4900 RPM (could have been 5000). It was about 75 degrees with low humitity and glass for water. I think with a little chop I could hit 71. All and all best money ever spent on upgrades was the RMbuilder cam. I am going to keep the prop for now, I have about $900 in it. Ram air is next, maybe a -3 ext box, maybe a -2 shortie.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by footchopper
The key to the whole project is the magic beans..... Just kidding, I think I might just sell the boat and maybe get one that can already do what I want instead of dumping a bunch of money and hoping!
Ask yourself a question. Do you really like the boat? My boat is a lot different than most, I have a walkthrough windshield with steps molded in, anchor storage in the bow, U shaped seating, tall cuddy. It is very usable, so I added bolster seats and a bunch of HP to get what I wanted. I trailer the boat and most of the time it is just the wife and I. A bigger boat means harder to load and trailer. If you do not like the boat then sell it and buy what you want.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try not to be another one.
What heads do you have? If you would like share a few of the particulars.[/QUOTE]

you didn't read properly. the sentence you are refering to is " ththis forum has , maybe, 500 threads at start with " i just spent $ 5000 on new exhaust, new intake , new ignition and some magic beans and im supposed to have an additional 200 hp now but i don't go any faster... why not ?"

i was refering to the many many threads that start with that sentence or words to that effect. and my point was simple. there is no magic to getting more speed as long as you do your homework and that homework does not involve just just opening a summit catalog and believing the hype. i was simply suggesting a calmer and more rational approach . i understand how that may have gone unrecognized

i was not refering to any work or problems i have with my own equipment.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevesxm
What heads do you have? If you would like share a few of the particulars.
you didn't read properly. the sentence you are refering to is " ththis forum has , maybe, 500 threads at start with " i just spent $ 5000 on new exhaust, new intake , new ignition and some magic beans and im supposed to have an additional 200 hp now but i don't go any faster... why not ?"

i was refering to the many many threads that start with that sentence or words to that effect. and my point was simple. there is no magic to getting more speed as long as you do your homework and that homework does not involve just just opening a summit catalog and believing the hype. i was simply suggesting a calmer and more rational approach . i understand how that may have gone unrecognized

My response is; That makes sense to me now. Did you do some upgrades this year? Seams like you were talking about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.