Severe Duty Roller Lifters ???? >

Severe Duty Roller Lifters ????

Notices

Severe Duty Roller Lifters ????

Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I brought Bob's name into it because that is who recommended them and sold them to me. I should have called Isky to question them, but I felt Bob had done that and was giving me all the info on the new lifter. Only after the failure did I hear about an improved wheel and bearing. Then I heard from Bob that Isky said it was lofting. Until a second failure by my friend, then it was the design of the bearing in the wheel. He talked directly to Richard Isky (sp) and was told it was the bearing freezing on the axle. All the discussions I had with Bob he never mentioned a mismatch on parts. At that time we both assumed I had a good match of parts.
I am just trying to share my experience and I never expected anyone to pay for the other parts that were damaged. Do I have a sour taste left over from it.. I would say no. Do I feel the need to bring it up every now and then.. Sure. Since that failure I havent boated in two summers. Not all because of the failure, but other reasons. If there had been no failure I would have been boating, that is my point. Am I bitter about that.. I would say yes. It has cost me a lot of money to attempt to get back on the water, and I am still not there.
My hope is that the new bearings in the Isky EZ wheel lifters work and that the set I have sitting on my shelf will be worth something. If they dont work, then, lawn mower motor it is.. I guess.
And I take your point and agree with it. The right combination of parts is key to reliablity. I think the first set of EZ wheels was the mismatch that caused my failure, not my combination.
Dick
Old 08-16-2009, 09:35 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Dick, did you ever do a spray bar over the cam? Are you running the Big Chiefs? I have been running the .903's bushed with Crower's Super Duty deal with the spray bar, Jesel belt drive with Jesel comp rockers on Canfields and I replace the lifters at 110-120 hours and have yet to find one even rough. Now going on 400 hours so it seems to work at least in a pleasure appl? Been down the road trying make Big Chiefs work and threw in the towel. Anything over 75 hours seemed like I was on borrowed time.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Well I brought Bob's name into it because that is who recommended them and sold them to me. I should have called Isky to question them, but I felt Bob had done that and was giving me all the info on the new lifter. Only after the failure did I hear about an improved wheel and bearing. Then I heard from Bob that Isky said it was lofting. Until a second failure by my friend, then it was the design of the bearing in the wheel. He talked directly to Richard Isky (sp) and was told it was the bearing freezing on the axle. All the discussions I had with Bob he never mentioned a mismatch on parts. At that time we both assumed I had a good match of parts.
I am just trying to share my experience and I never expected anyone to pay for the other parts that were damaged. Do I have a sour taste left over from it.. I would say no. Do I feel the need to bring it up every now and then.. Sure. Since that failure I havent boated in two summers. Not all because of the failure, but other reasons. If there had been no failure I would have been boating, that is my point. Am I bitter about that.. I would say yes. It has cost me a lot of money to attempt to get back on the water, and I am still not there.
My hope is that the new bearings in the Isky EZ wheel lifters work and that the set I have sitting on my shelf will be worth something. If they dont work, then, lawn mower motor it is.. I guess.
And I take your point and agree with it. The right combination of parts is key to reliablity. I think the first set of EZ wheels was the mismatch that caused my failure, not my combination.
Dick
Sounds like all the manufactors are doing changes & upgrades to there products and are R & D 24/7 to help with these problems in the Marine industry ...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
Dick, did you ever do a spray bar over the cam? Are you running the Big Chiefs? I have been running the .903's bushed with Crower's Super Duty deal with the spray bar, Jesel belt drive with Jesel comp rockers on Canfields and I replace the lifters at 110-120 hours and have yet to find one even rough. Now going on 400 hours so it seems to work at least in a pleasure appl? Been down the road trying make Big Chiefs work and threw in the towel. Anything over 75 hours seemed like I was on borrowed time.
Anything over 75 hours seemed like I was on borrowed time.