Notices

Fuel Vapor Lock again...........

Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cloudmaster_321
Can you elaborate on this?
One easy way is connect this to your fuel fill line then connect the return fuel line to it.

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=980
Old 08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is definitely worth a try. Anywhere else a fuel line is close to the engine?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you elaborate on this?
It creates a constant flow of fuel throughout the system instead of a "dead-head" style system where the fuel sits in the lines for a prolonged amount of time in an idle situation.

http://www.ellison-fluid-systems.com...uel_system.gif
Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DownandDirty
It creates a constant flow of fuel throughout the system instead of a "dead-head" style system where the fuel sits in the lines for a prolonged amount of time in an idle situation.

http://www.ellison-fluid-systems.com...uel_system.gif
That's interesting. So basically the fuel that is getting too hot running around the motor will be constantly on the move instead of being stagnant. I understand the theory. I guess I don't know how the return is hooked up now with the VST tank. Would I just want to hook the return to the vent lind of the tank vs. the fill?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered

Any possibility of running lean at WOT due to returning to the tank vs. whatever method is being used now?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered

It won't run lean because it will have constant fuel flow as well as more steady fuel pressure. This system still has to have a regulator in line to maintain the proper line pressure (a fuel log style regulator works great). Typically it will be just after the carb inlets on the return side. This keeps the pressure constant but also allows the fuel to reach the carbs in whatever capacity needed. As far the return line entering the tank, you will more than likely have to make a new entry to maintain the proper ventilation. One of the performance shop guys on here could give you a better diagram and layout for your application. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DownandDirty
It won't run lean because it will have constant fuel flow as well as more steady fuel pressure. This system still has to have a regulator in line to maintain the proper line pressure (a fuel log style regulator works great). Typically it will be just after the carb inlets on the return side. This keeps the pressure constant but also allows the fuel to reach the carbs in whatever capacity needed. As far the return line entering the tank, you will more than likely have to make a new entry to maintain the proper ventilation. One of the performance shop guys on here could give you a better diagram and layout for your application. Good luck.
Yeah, your confusing me somewhat, i have the MPI, what do i need to do.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered

Yeah, your confusing me somewhat, i have the MPI, what do i need to do.
My mistake cloudmaster, I missed the mpi and was under the impression it was carburated based on the post about the return system. I'm not certain but I believe the mpi already has a return style system due to the level of fuel pressure required to run. I have extremely limited knowledge on fuel injected systems won't be of much help. Sorry for the confusion, just trying to help.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Registered

Was everyone elses's post on a carb model or MPI? What do I need to do for an MPI?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
One easy way is connect this to your fuel fill line then connect the return fuel line to it.

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=980
I'm going to try this.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.