Innercooler Design

Notices

Innercooler Design

Old 08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innercooler Design

Superchargers are available in various configurations. There are front discharge, delta, set back plate, screw and etc. Each of those probably work best, subject to application including boost.

The innercooler design seems, one size fits all. Granted, Whipple has taken a somewhat different approach. Does anyone offer a design that has the finn count (spacing) and finn angle changing from front to rear? The changing count and angle should direct volume to the hot cylinders. Perhaps, the design should be tailored to various supercharger designs.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

CcanDo, I see you are up to your "deep thought questions", that would be a question for Dustin Whipple. I know a friend of mine took 3 Whipple dual coolers at about $5000.00 for each and spent another $2000.00 each to make them fit properly for a PSI. I have posted about this in the past, I have no pics of this. He did say the 8.2 Whipple would fit properly on the cooler. He was not going to switch to Whipple until they gave him something to do back to back test with.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mer, Dustin Whipple may have already designed relative to our questions. But, perhaps there is a design twist for other supercharger types Dustin has no competitive reason to explore.

I stand to be corrected, am I wrong believing the Whipple Charger directs flow forward to case front? Also,are the finns vertical or somewhat 90* to that airflow? Therefore, as a matter of distribution, do the back cylinders receive everything equal to the front cylinders ? Especially with carburetors ?