Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics >

Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics

Notices

Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics

Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics

Any ideas of how to mount a pair 5.25 components (comes with 2" tweeters and 5.25 woofers) up here one set pointing at passenger the other at the driver? I would like something custom but not too difficult. I am pretty handy. Pics of any ideas would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

NO one has any ideas?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered

i have a 98 24ft OL with 8 6.5s and 4 10s. one of the sets of 6.5s is mounted on either side by the driver and passenger legs. the only other way i could see you doing something "custom", is to fab up a fiberglass enclosure to mount on the dash. it is time consuming, but if done right, looks very sweet!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered

I was thinking about moving the compass, and making a custom (probably fiberglass) enclosure and encorporate the compass in the middle of it...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do a fiberglass enclosure in the middle of the dash that has the speakers facing aft.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Well here is a very ROUGH illistration of what I want to accomplish (all done in MS Paint)

The only thing I can forsee being a problem is getting the curvature of the piece to match the windscreen... any ideas on how to accomplish this?????

I am going to use a Exterior treated piece of 1/4" plywood to make a piece that angles from the windcreen to almost (about and inch away from) the edge of the ledge that will form the main part of the structure as wel as the "continuance" to fill in the gap between the dash and windscreen.

The speaker rings will be mounted with dowels to this peice on an angle that would be most appealing and sound the best (towards passanger and driver). The compass will have its own ring to be mounted on, and recessed a bit in the plywood to make it look as iff it was meant to be there. LED lights will be recessed (unable to be seen) and will illuminate a BAJA vinyl sticker.

Fiberglassing will consist of stretching cotton/polyester fleecing around, resining it, and then follow with fiberglass cloth and resin. If I find this un suitable or weak I will follow with fiberglass matting. Bondo body filler will be used to smooth out the entire object.

Sanding will the commence untill it is smooth. I will then take it to a painter to have it painted white and cleared. Speakers will be mounted.

Sound like a good plan?

Last edited by Want Speed; 08-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

i have done fiberglass enclosures before, and its sure seems to me you know how to do it from what you have said. from my previous post, thats what i was thinking anyways, but i didnt know if you would know what i was talking about. use a cardboard templet to get the angle of the windscreen correct and build a wood frame to wrap the mesh over. measure twice, cut once.....
Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you goal is sound while under way, consider head phones. Too much wind noise in a sport boat. If you want sound while docked, I think you could find alternative speaker locations vs. the dash.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
If you goal is sound while under way, consider head phones. Too much wind noise in a sport boat. If you want sound while docked, I think you could find alternative speaker locations vs. the dash.
With the speakers on the dash like that you'll be able to hear clear as a bell while running.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
With the speakers on the dash like that you'll be able to hear clear as a bell while running.
Thats what I thought...I hope so anyways!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.