Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
"HELP" ASAP (twin eng. center line/headers) >

"HELP" ASAP (twin eng. center line/headers)

Notices

"HELP" ASAP (twin eng. center line/headers)

Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

i'll keep you posted. any good number to get a hold of cmi to confirm. seems like i was on there site the other day and don't recall seeing a tech number or any number at that.
thanks for your help.
john
Old 08-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I had e-tops on mine, 32 1/2" centers.... you had to jockey them into position but they worked and were very tight...

I'm running Stainless Marine Gen II's with custom 4 1/2" tails now. The Gen III's unfortunately wouldn't fit, even after the flanges being machined.

Hardin will also build you a set to fit.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I had e-tops on mine, 32 1/2" centers.... you had to jockey them into position but they worked and were very tight...

I'm running Stainless Marine Gen II's with custom 4 1/2" tails now. The Gen III's unfortunately wouldn't fit, even after the flanges being machined.

Hardin will also build you a set to fit.
thanks for your response. seems as though they might be a tight fit but should work. i guess i'll find out soon. after reading young perf. thread i am a little leary about the collecter area. was the collecter area a problem for you? looks like if i'm lucky i'll have maybe at most 3/16 to 1/4 inch max between the tuubes. know i am concerned in regards to the flange though. any info. on this would be great.
thanks for your help.
john
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm probably not the right person to ask my opinion on stainless steel headers, my headers had to be fixed every other season.

I highly recommend installing a drain tube so when you shut down the engines it automacitally drains them down. All it takes is a little 1/8" hose.