Boat is Leaking Advice needed. >

Boat is Leaking Advice needed.

Notices

Boat is Leaking Advice needed.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Had a similar problem last year on a different boat. The exhaust Y pipe was loose and could only tighten the 2 top bolts and took about 3 hours to tighten best I could without pulling the motor. There was no way I could get to the bottom bolts, but it did cure the leak about 95%. There was about a 1/4" stream coming in before, and after the bilge pump would only kick on if I left it in overnight. Sold the boat this spring though and told the new owner about it, he didn't seem too concerned though...
My exhaust block off plate is installed no Y-pipe
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

Probally forgetting the drain plug after too many cocktails. I have seen this guy in action.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

are the bolts holding the t/a to the hull good and sealed? Just had a boat in the shop that was leaking there, weve been chasing this leak all summer and found it was those bolts...

good luck!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FlyinZX14
are the bolts holding the t/a to the hull good and sealed? Just had a boat in the shop that was leaking there, weve been chasing this leak all summer and found it was those bolts...

good luck!
I did not load up the bolt holes through the transon with caulk but the T/A rubber seal was brand new. If I remember correctly all the bolts are inside that seal. I don't see any water leaking from bolts.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstar342
Probally forgetting the drain plug after too many cocktails. I have seen this guy in action.
For your information I only did that once. The other time the bilge was filled with beer I spilled while drinking trying to fix the starters.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cocktails
My exhaust block off plate is installed no Y-pipe
Ok, but there are still bolts that hold it on tight right? Just a thought, but might want to check anyways, you never know...
Old 12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check those bottom 2 bolts that come thru from the outside and will always be under water. I don't trust those TA seals and caulk them as well. Sometimes it pays to start over. Maybe several times. It's amazing how much water can come thru a pin hole.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Check those bottom 2 bolts that come thru from the outside and will always be under water. I don't trust those TA seals and caulk them as well. Sometimes it pays to start over. Maybe several times. It's amazing how much water can come thru a pin hole.
I caulked mine as well when I reassembled....