Whats a Great Party Stereo System??? >

Whats a Great Party Stereo System???

Notices

Whats a Great Party Stereo System???

Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Endevour you are comparing so many things that are apples to oranges it is impossilbe to make the claims you are making. First of all amps can and are more efficient and can make big numbers with out sucking the battery dry. There are typically tradeoffs with sound quality, but with all the ambient noise on a boat is it even measureable? Class A creates a HUGE amount of heat and is very ineficient. Class A amps do tend to sound better such as Butler and a few others. I have had the same amp as you and when put up against my Zapco it got crushed and my zapco was much more efficient and sounded better. Boats are not cars and people like to be able to float around and enjoy their tunes and know that they can start up the motor when they want to head home. Boats also tend to be very hot so amps need to run cool or be very robust so that the extream heat does not cause them to melt down. Dropping ohm loads on amps causes them to run hotter and rob battery power even more. This is not ideal for a boat.

Last edited by Audiofn; 09-03-2009 at 11:33 PM.