Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
05 f250 won't shift into overdrive help!!! >

05 f250 won't shift into overdrive help!!!

Notices

05 f250 won't shift into overdrive help!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 05 f250 won't shift into overdrive help!!!

Last night I pulled he boat out in 4wd and after that it switched out of four wheel when I turned the switch but the light for 4x4 is still on. Also the light for low fuel is on an I have a full tank. Didn't seem like that big of an issue until I started hauling her home and it won't shift into overdrive. I unplugged he batteries last night to see if that would reset anything electronically wrong and had no luck. Lights are still on and still won't shift. Anyone have Any ideas!?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You need to post this on Deiselstop.com.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

wont go into od probably because its stuck in fwd, the mfr might have prograhmed it not to go into od when its in fwd because they dont want you driving over 55mph in fwd..try driving dackwards a good distance,,the fromt diff may be stuck in fwd..

crawl under it and try tapping lightly on the encoder motor(the motor that switches it into fwd) if you dont use it like the mfr suggests once a month then it may be stuck in fwd due lubercation issues.

Last edited by FIXX; 09-18-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More that likey in is still in 4wd switch it back to 4wd and find some grass and drive slow and shift into nuteral and let the truck roll to a stop and then switch to 2wd then put it into park and shut the truck off then restart the truck and see if it went into 2wd you may have to repeat it a couple of times what happens the drive train is so tight when on dry pavment it will bind up and will not shift out due to the due the drive train load.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

What they said, mine is very finicky about coming out of 4wd.