High oil pressure >

High oil pressure

Notices

High oil pressure

Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High oil pressure

My buddy has a old stamas with a alfa drive and 350 engin. He just put a crank kit and new oil line hoses on it. now he puts it in the water and it blew the oilfilter oring out. so he takes the remote filter hoses off and puts a filter directly on the block. It swells the filter up and blows the gasket on the filter out like right now! ( for a second like 80 + lbs oil pressure ) my thought is maybe there is a blockage in the oil line (from the new oil lines) and its stuck in the engin now. Thanks for your sugestions. I've had a couple, so bear with me.

Another questions. how doe's oil flow through a 350 chevy. (like a road map version please) from the oil pump out? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered

I just had this problem with a BBC and it was the bypass in the oil pump, was stuck or had debris in it. I changed the oil pump and the problem went away. Mine would peg a 100 lb gauge, when I bypassed the oil filter, with a AN union, it also blew off the oil filter.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Registered

I see your point, but he didn't change the oilpump so how could he get trash in it?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

Stuck relief valve in the pump is the ONLY thing that can cause pressure that high. Period.