Time for more Whipple power >

Time for more Whipple power

Notices

Time for more Whipple power

Old 04-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 22 DAYTONA
Well, I finally made it to the lake late friday afternoon. After running it around to check hoses, gauges, oil temp etc my buddy and I started doing some testing. It cruises at 80mph at about 3500 rpm. It accelerates like a mad man from any speed to any speed. The 1.35 gear ratio and the big motor made a completely different boat out of the 22. It planes out very easily and loafs along at 90 to 100. We made a couple of hard runs and it ran between 125 and 128 at 5800 rpm. I have a 120 mph speedo, so I am having to guess at the top numbers. I was running just enough trim to pick the bow up so, I think she will do 130 with no problem. I had one fitting that leaked a little oil, and it was starting to get dark so I will return next week. I have a video from his I-phone and a picture or two to post tomorrow.
It looks like all the effort was worth it
I'll say! Those are impressive numbers. Looks like you basically got 30mph from the 300 HP increase and gear change. Were you running the 34's during testing? She must be running very efficient with those low slip numbers. Looks like my 116mph estimate was waaaay off... Congrats!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was running a Mercury labbed 32. It seems to run so good that I will probably run it full time. I have a 33, 34, and a 36. Eric at Teague said jump over the 34. He claims they do not perform well. I dont think I can pull a 36 to red line. The 32 would be easier on the drive.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The video of acceleration on the 100mph speedo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfY5Z2WBWo

[yt]HqfY5Z2WBWo[/yt]