Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information >

Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information

Notices

Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information

Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whipple Side Mount Supercharger Information

Does anyone have a copies available of the Installation or Parts Manual for the Whipple Side Mount Supercharger system for the Merc 454 / 502 MPIs? I called Whipple today and they had no interest in providing any information on models they no longer sell. The person I talked with said the info might be on one of their old computers... They also stated that they had no parts available for these units. Does anyone know of another source for parts for these units or are they obsolete?
Thanks.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

what exactly do you need.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:22 AM
jfm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are made by lysom. There was a guy on here or one of the sites that had a kit fore sale and he had the manual. I asked him for a copy and he wanted $20 + shipping. I sold the unit so I never got a copy.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jfm
They are made by lysom. There was a guy on here or one of the sites that had a kit fore sale and he had the manual. I asked him for a copy and he wanted $20 + shipping. I sold the unit so I never got a copy.
Lysholm
Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dustin Whipple is on here as Whipple Charged, send him a PM, and see if he can send you what you need.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently worked on one in a Baja. The customer had the complete manuel for it. I will see if I can get a copy from him and send it to you. What is it that you need or have a problem with? Or do you just want the manuel? I'll see what I can do.
Eddie
Old 11-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I recently worked on one in a Baja. The customer had the complete manuel for it. I will see if I can get a copy from him and send it to you. What is it that you need or have a problem with? Or do you just want the manuel? I'll see what I can do.
Eddie
OK, here is the deal. I have a twin engine boat and one whipple side mount set up which I have never installed. There is no history on this set up so I would like to disassemble and inspect it prior to use. Also, I would like to understand the operation of the piggypack PCM before I install it or go to further expense of updating to a MEFI 3 and a reprogram. The piggyback PCM appears to be somewhat sophisticated as there is an O2 sensor attached (so I feel there is value in investigating it's operation). I am currently shopping for a second unit but am starting to wounder if I am wasting my money if there are no service parts available for them. Can anyone identify a common weakness of these (although I do not believe there is much to them... housing, rotors, bearings and gears)? So the bottom line is I am looking for a manual and the availability of service parts for the side mount set up. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search here or over at performance boats , a guy named vegashallett or scarabrick did an install, spent a lot of time dialing it in only to remove it and go back to single carb setup ...
Old 11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

JasonSmith has them on his 29 outlaw. PM him, he might be able to tell you some things about them.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

the sensor wires you see or the sensor you see is a e.g.t sensor not a o2 sensor whipple does have some parts for these units i have had both of mine rebuilt in the last year ( one from failure and one to keep from failing) they can put there entire rotor pack assy in the old housing if is't not hurt. also have entire manual if you cant get it from any one else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.