DISH NETWORKS  or DIRECT TV ???????? >

DISH NETWORKS or DIRECT TV ????????

Notices

DISH NETWORKS or DIRECT TV ????????

Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I've had both! I started with Dish Network and quickly moved to Directv. My main reason for switching was the YES Network (HUGE Yankees Fan!) Dish will block out a lot of sporting events on ESPN and such and will make you purchase their baseball, football, basketball or whatever package so you can watch the games. This got VERY annoying as I don't want to watch EVERY game in each sport for $180 each package. Their customer service sucked, dish would go out 4-6 times a year and they would charge you to come fix it!!! You could get around that sometimes by threatening to cancel, but not always. As for Directv, I haven't been happier! The picture almost never goes out, even with a foot of snow on the dish! They have a TON of HD stations, customer service is decent, not great but decent. I've had to have them come out once in 3 years, and that was because I hit the buried cable line plowing. If your dish has to be any distance from the house, make SURE you dig the trench, they will basically just turn the grass over it. They will whack you $5/month for each tv hooked up though, and I think that's the only downfall I've had with them.

All in all, my vote is Directv without looking back!
Thanks i'll see what they can do with the 5.00 per set with 11 tvs and one of there better packages dont take long to get carried away
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is a place that will answer you question....happy reading

http://www.satelliteguys.us/
Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
Here is a place that will answer you question....happy reading

http://www.satelliteguys.us/
Thanks Bro
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I've had both! I started with Dish Network and quickly moved to Directv. My main reason for switching was the YES Network (HUGE Yankees Fan!) Dish will block out a lot of sporting events on ESPN and such and will make you purchase their baseball, football, basketball or whatever package so you can watch the games. This got VERY annoying as I don't want to watch EVERY game in each sport for $180 each package. Their customer service sucked, dish would go out 4-6 times a year and they would charge you to come fix it!!! You could get around that sometimes by threatening to cancel, but not always. As for Directv, I haven't been happier! The picture almost never goes out, even with a foot of snow on the dish! They have a TON of HD stations, customer service is decent, not great but decent. I've had to have them come out once in 3 years, and that was because I hit the buried cable line plowing. If your dish has to be any distance from the house, make SURE you dig the trench, they will basically just turn the grass over it. They will whack you $5/month for each tv hooked up though, and I think that's the only downfall I've had with them.

All in all, my vote is Directv without looking back!

That's funny. I had almost the exact same experience in reverse. Had direct, and enough issues that when I moved, I left everything there and got dish at the new house.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DirecTV. Love it. Signal will occasionally get beat up in heavy heavy rain, but it rarely lasts long. Great customer service so far. The guide/remote system is pretty simple to use as well.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by socalstone
DirecTV. Love it. Signal will occasionally get beat up in heavy heavy rain, but it rarely lasts long. Great customer service so far. The guide/remote system is pretty simple to use as well.
Sounds good,thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

one thing I would add here is that dish network spot beams the local channes in your area, such as the main networks. abc, nbc, cbs, etc. If you travel out of your spot beam area ( I am assuming this is for your boat) you wont get the main networks. Inquire as to where your spotbeam coverage is in your area. Other than that dishnet is far better than direct. Also dish has true hi def where as direct has poorer pic quality.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

direct tv i like i have a box from my house i got a small dish that i mount on the rail . so when i go to the bay or to a marine that dont have cable i hook my box up and dish up . i got all my chanles where i go
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by B Idol 1
So your the thread Police ???????? mmmmmmm then move it
If you dont have anything positive to say dont say nothing at all BIG Daddy
LOL, no I am not the thread police. There is a place on this forum that is more appropriate for this thread. It is called the Bilge, and this topic has been covered before. With a simple search you would have probably found some information and brought the thread back to the top.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...questions.html
My positive thing to say......I like DirectTV
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Registered

I sell both if your interested..Goto my site and click on services, place the order and someone will call you to schedule the install!!!

jeffflege.acnrep.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.