CMI tails - HELP >

CMI tails - HELP

Notices

CMI tails - HELP

Old 12-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts
Default CMI tails - HELP

What would CMI charge roughly to cut and change the angle on their tips. What I am trying to accomplish is the end of the pipe needs to idealy be up about 2". This could be done at the weld (joint) about 12" from the very tip with changing the angle slightly or it would be great if CMI or somebody offered a wedge that could be installed at the collector where the tips meet the headers.

Otherwise is it possible to lower the power steering components slightly on the transom? My only real problem with the fit is the starboad side engine outside tip. After measuring today it looks like the tip might hit the steering ram or cylinder (?) on that side by about an 1/2" to an 1" at most.

This is a TRS application and I need to cut the holes for the pipes in the transom yet.

Thanks for the help.

John
Attached Thumbnails CMI tails - HELP-200912170001.jpg  

Last edited by getrdunn; 12-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by getrdunn
What would CMI charge roughly to cut and change the angle on their tips. What I am trying to accomplish is the end of the pipe needs to idealy be up about 2". This could be done at the weld (joint) about 12" from the very tip with changing the angle slightly or it would be great if CMI or somebody offered a wedge that could be installed at the collector where the tips meet the headers.

Otherwise is it possible to lower the power steering components slightly on the transom? My only real problem with the fit is the starboad side engine outside tip. After measuring today it looks like the tip might hit the steering ram or cylinder (?) on that side by about an 1/2" to an 1" at most.

This is a TRS application and I need to cut the holes for the pipes in the transom yet.

Thanks for the help.

John
TRS? if so TRS is suppose to have a 6'' taller header..the fix would be to get rid of the internal steering and put hyd steering on the outside of the boat..
Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I had mine extened about 4 inches and cmi charged me 400.00.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
TRS? if so TRS is suppose to have a 6'' taller header..the fix would be to get rid of the internal steering and put hyd steering on the outside of the boat..
That thought was lingering though my mind also. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an affordable set up. I planned on having it within a year. Help find a good used set up for TRS so I can rip that power steering off.

Thanks,
John