Default What does it mean when...

1 more water in oil pan than oil ?

2 more water in oil filter than oil ?

3 got beer
Old 04-16-2002, 09:30 AM
Drew

4. Get more beer!
5. BOAT (Break out another thousand)

Sorry to hear of your trouble, really. Water in oil is never a good thing. If your lucky it could be a gasket. I never get that lucky myself.

Old 04-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully you have a gasket problem. If not.....i see your from MI, did you winterize properly? Lets hope nothing cracked.

Get some more beer , pull the heads and tell us what you find.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:15 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Give us some particulars. Did you run the motor this year? Is there any possibility that the water was in the oil before you winterized it? Did you change the oil when you winterized? Do you have stock exhaust? If so, pull the risers and check if there are any traces of water dripping down from the gaskets.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened is still a mystery.
I have twins, other motor is fine. What I did to winterize was run engines and ran anti freeze through them. I also as a precation pulled the block plugs and drained. The other day as i'm getting ready to change all fluids I find ugly goey mess in oil pan
So I pulled oil filter only to find it also full of goey mess. Note engine has not been turned over since fall.
1. block cracked
2. head gasket while witerizing
3.cracked head
4.exhaust manifold

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it

on the bright side I picked up heads and block as backup for 60$
Old 04-17-2002, 09:28 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I guess you will never know what really happened in this case. Sounds weird, how could water get into the oil if you drained the block before the winter? Where could the water have come from?????
Old 04-21-2002, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default water in oil

A couple of questions:
1) Typically when you winterize you would change the oil, install a fresh oil filter, fuel filter and fog the motor. Then fill everything with antifreeze.
2) It seems that you may have had the problem when you winterized it and did not pick up on it. Is this possible?
3) I would change the oil , toss in a new filter and try to find the source of the water. Typically I would pull the plugs out and do a plug read, if you have water in a cylinder the plug will be rusty. You probably have a bad elbow or log leaking into the exhaust. Pull the plugs have someone turn the motor over and see if you can identify the source of the water pumping out of a cylinder.
I would think you have the older style manifolds with the elbow at the rear of the maninfold log.
Don't be fooled here, number 7 and number 8 will show some water evidence here due to minor suctioning from the overlap of the camshaft, but if the water squirts out the cylinger plug hole when you turn it over you will know.
Also to be noted if you have water in the cylinder, it will not turn over easily and make a wierd sound because you a trying to compress water in the cylinder, that is why you should pull the plugs before doing anything and rotate the motor with them out.
Good Luck
Post what you find!
Old 04-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

That means be thankful you didnt try to run it and Hydrolock it !!!!