roller lifters >

roller lifters

Notices

roller lifters

Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roller lifters

I have a gen4 330hp motor that iam going to rebuild. I want to convert to a hydr roller camshaft. Will a set of used hydr roller lifters from a HP500 motor work in my gen4 block? The seller sent me pics of them and they do have the link bars and stated they are made by crane and look to be .300 longer then stnd lifters..
Erik
Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crapr6
I have a gen4 330hp motor that iam going to rebuild. I want to convert to a hydr roller camshaft. Will a set of used hydr roller lifters from a HP500 motor work in my gen4 block?
Erik
Need a part # to be sure, but I don't think so.

If they don't work, and they are really in good shape, I have a set that will work that I would swap you.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think they will. When getting them for a Mark lV you want to be sure they are the retro-fit design. The Mark lV never did come with rollers. Personally I wouldn't advise using used lifters on a new cam. Don't forget you will need new pushrods and springs also. It's best to just buy the kit-cam,lifters,pushrods,springs. That way you know the parts are all made to work together.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

No, the gen 6 factory rockers have the metal "spider" that bolts into the lifter valley to keep the lifters indexed properly, where the retrofit style use a tie-bar to keep them indexed.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

The link bars are the retro lifters. Mark IV and Gen V blocks use these. I also have used a set of retros if the other fall through.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Registered

Thanks guys for all the help. The seller did just advise me that the lifters he has forsale will not work in my gen 4 block..
As for you shouldnt put a set of used lifters in a new build up..that all makes sense and iam most likely going to just buy new. Thanks OSO
Erik
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by crapr6
Thanks guys for all the help. The seller did just advise me that the lifters he has forsale will not work in my gen 4 block..
As for you shouldnt put a set of used lifters in a new build up..that all makes sense and iam most likely going to just buy new. Thanks OSO
Erik
getrdunn has a nice set of crower roller lifters, low hours and great shape. If you go to Cranes website they say there is no problem running a used roller on a new cam. Of course they need to be in excellent condition!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavour32
getrdunn has a nice set of crower roller lifters, low hours and great shape. If you go to Cranes website they say there is no problem running a used roller on a new cam. Of course they need to be in excellent condition!
I have used old ones before. Have to know where they came from though. Hours of use and under what strain is the key.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, that is one of the great things about rollers, being able to swap cams and re-use the lifters, as long as they are good..
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
yes, that is one of the great things about rollers, being able to swap cams and re-use the lifters, as long as they are good..
you are right you can swap roller lifters around , but not a regular hyd lifter or a solid liter, cause they develop a wear pattern where as the roller lifter wont

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.