Notices

GPS speedo

Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts
Default GPS speedo

The question has probably been asked numerous times however I am on the way out the door and in a hurry. I appolize in advance for not doing a search.

I have a livorsi GPS speedo I purchased with several other guages off the board. What other components do I need to make this operable. If just antenna, is there a particular one that is a must or are most all compatable. What all is hard wired? Or is it just he coax cable btwn the antenna and speedo. Appx. cost for antenna???? Best place to purchase?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd just call Livorsi. Tell them what you have. They'll tell you what you need.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

I believe most antena's are compatable but what you'll run into is how hard it will be to get it wired up. Livorsi itself has atleast 3 different connections depending on how old the guage is. Early guages used 3 seperate wires, later they used a 3 wire plug connector that pluged directly into the back on guage, now I think they have an even different plug connector. If your lucky you can find one on ebay. Thats where I found mine or like mentioned call Livorsi dirrect but be ready to pay $300+.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

I think before I'd pay 300.00 I'll just plug in my garmin. You'd think these would be simplified and inexpensive by now. I just like the idea of not having to use the liquid filled gauge so I don't have to mount the water pick up or run a line. Not really concerned about the accuracy anymore.

thank very much guys. If anything else comes to mind pleae let me know.

John
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

You can pick up an antenna on ebay for about $100. Seen plenty of them on there for that price
Old 01-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If your Garmin has a data output port you might be able to connect to it. There are a few threads on the board on how to conenct them and the setup.

My speedo is connected to my Gamin handheld, but I can not get to it right now to see how I did it.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I think before I'd pay 300.00 I'll just plug in my garmin. You'd think these would be simplified and inexpensive by now. I just like the idea of not having to use the liquid filled gauge so I don't have to mount the water pick up or run a line. Not really concerned about the accuracy anymore.

thank very much guys. If anything else comes to mind pleae let me know.

John
Stumbled across this today thought you might be interested....
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...o-reserve.html
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, just go to Livorsi site and buy the antenna from them. If you call them they might have a refirbished one available. Buying one off of ebay is risky then you need to send it back for repairs if it doesn't work. Theres a recall switch that will also plug in for top speed recall. I think the wiring instructions can be downloaded from them too. Ant repair was $75. awhile back so if you get one off of ebay cheap enough there might be a deal there. I think new is under $300. Theres a battery in them that goes dead every so often.