Drive shower hose for Latham steering >

Drive shower hose for Latham steering

Notices

Drive shower hose for Latham steering

Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
As I remember it was a bit nerve racking for me drilling on that thing! lol!
Yeah, I guess so! I'll take it easy, starting with a smaller hole...
Btw, did you repaint the hole before fitting the pickup, or just used some sealant like silicone, or what else?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mapism
Btw, did you repaint the hole before fitting the pickup, or just used some sealant like silicone, or what else?
I didn't use anything. I pulled the outdrives this winter and removed the showers. The drilled holes look fine (no corrosion). Although, I boat in fresh water and it stays on a lift, not in the water. Painting the exposed aluminum is a good idea and I will do that before putting it back together.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mapism
Hey maptism, Can you post some pics of your installed drive shower? I have a bravo X but im sure its close to the same dimensions as you xr.Just bought the Latham shower kit.Thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10K4U
Can you post some pics of your installed drive shower?
I'm afraid I can't - yet. Going to fit it in the next couple of weeks, hopefully.
But I have the Latham template (thanks again, Kirk!). If you're interested, just pm me your email and I can send it to you.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 10K4U
Can you post some pics of your installed drive shower?
Here is what the Latham drive showers look like installed on my Bravo 1 outdrives.
Attached Thumbnails Drive shower hose for Latham steering-pic1.jpg  
Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Here is what the Latham drive showers look like installed on my Bravo 1 outdrives.
Thanks for the photo makes it a bit clearer now how it works.BTW your transom and drives look brand spankin new! very CLEAN!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Registered

I have an 03 292 that looks just like yours! It seems as though my drives are getting hot because they are pushing oil out and getting that chalky looking mess on them. I'm trying to solve the issue by putting on some drive showers, I ordered the Simrek Halos and it seems like they aren't going to work with my steering setup. I have the Latham setup on mine. I have been reading about the different types of showers and some people are saying that the shower that's made for the Latham isn't actually effective for cooling the drive. Could you please let me know how well yours is working for you? It seems like that would certainly be the easiest route to take since it just screws right into the top of what's already there. I just don't want to waste the money on something if it isn't going to work. Also, I don't really want to drill the holes in the anticavitation plate if I don't have to. Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks