Bravo Flywheel housing bushing?

Notices

Bravo Flywheel housing bushing?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo Flywheel housing bushing?

My flywheel housings have (press in) bushings that the bolts fit into to hold the flywheel housing to the transom plate. Are these bushings rubber coated? How do you replace them? I want to powdercoat my flywheel housings but would need to pull those rubber bushing out and replace them after the powdercoating process??

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
My flywheel housings have (press in) bushings that the bolts fit into to hold the flywheel housing to the transom plate. Are these bushings rubber coated? How do you replace them? I want to powdercoat my flywheel housings but would need to pull those rubber bushing out and replace them after the powdercoating process??

Thanks in advance.
no need to replace them unless they are worn out....the powder coaters will put plastic plugs in the holes to keep the powder coating from getting inro the hole of the bushing..
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck

Thanks in advance.
They are press-fit and are two pieces. Top piece is an aluminum spacer, second piece is the bushing itself. The bushing has a steel sleeve on the outside, rubber inner and steel in the center which the bolt goes thru.

Like was mentioned, they should be able to cover them for ya!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The 400 degree heat won't hurt the rubber??
Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Registered

the 400 degree heat will kill the rear engine mounts which is what they are. They can be pressed out with the right size socket and new ones pressed back in (i usually put them in the freezer for about 30 min before pressing them back in) Mercruiser makes 2 different rear mounts make sure you put the heavy duty ones back in. Hope this helps.