Speedo not working >

Speedo not working

Notices

Speedo not working

Old 04-17-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Speedo not working

I have a 97 Hammer and the speedo is not working. I have checked the out drive right below the torpedo and I cannot seem to see any thing blocking the tiny hole. I have also checked the gauge itself and I can't see any disconnected wires or anything. Is there any other place I should check? I'm kinda confused on this one.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

Default hose connected

Is the hose coming from the gimbal to the drive connected. I've seen this hose forgotten when re-installing drives.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:59 PM
wilerty

My hose kept blowing off the back of the outdrive so I finally got a very small hose clamp that would fit it and have had no problems since.

Old 04-18-2002, 03:07 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Like Wilerty said or just use two or three if you can fit them small zip/wire ties. Take the hose off the drive and blow into it. If the guage moves at all then you are fine from there up and then blow through the drive. Ther is likely either a blockage of the hose fell off at the drive. If it falls off in the dash you will see water coming down by your legs or in the cabin.

Jon
Old 04-18-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

When that happens to me (which is all the time), i usually don't physically see anything blocking the speedo hole in the lower. It's usually clogged inside.

I get a small drill bit and drill into it to break up the junk. Then i cut a 6 inch piece of coat hanger and put that in my drill, shove it in and turn it slowly.

First make sure that little yellow plasitc piece (nipple that the hose goes on) didn't come off the drive.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

Sorry guys I'm a newbie at this....I'm not even sure where to look to see if the hose is connected/disconnected. I haven't noticed any hoses that were disconnected...however I might not even be looking in the right place. Thanks for the help
Old 04-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Trim the motor all the way up and look right in the middle btwn the two trim pistons on the leading edge of the drive, basically you should see the rubber hose that we are talking about.

Solution #2 forget about it and get a GPS Speedo

Jon
Old 04-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Registered

...and if you suddenly have a small amount of water in the bilge when it was normally dry, and the faster you go, the more water you get, that's a dead give away. Probably came loose on the inside of the transom.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Ok now I've looked at the hose on the outdrive and it is connected. I guess I should take it loose and see if there is any junk in it. What can I do if it's not connected on the transom?
Old 04-18-2002, 01:42 PM
29Fever

I would try the drill bit deal first. It will get stuff that you can't see. Here on the Ohio River, it's usually wood in there. Or Pull the hose and blow into it from the gimble.

Quick Reply: Speedo not working

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.