Cigarette or Active Thunder? >

Cigarette or Active Thunder?

Notices

Cigarette or Active Thunder?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Pat is a great guy and builds an Awesome boat, I wouldnt hesitate on either an Active THunder, or the Cig. Surprised to hear about the attitude at Cig, but they do get extremely busy with dreamers at the show. If you want to seriously talk to someone about a Cig, PM me, and I can get you in touch with Tim.

Rick
Hey Rick, it was first thing Sunday morning, and we were the only guys at the booth. The guys ignored us for 15 mins, then when we got sick of waiting to be approached and asked for help, we were treated like an inconvenience.

The guys at outerlimits on the other hand were very excited to talk to us.

Pat from active thunder impressed the heck out of me. Nice guy, knows a ton about boat construction, and judging buy the monster smile on his face during the test drive.. This guy LOVES what he does!

Tom
Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

I wonder how many boats Cig and A/T builds each a year?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tborisch
Hey Rick, it was first thing Sunday morning, and we were the only guys at the booth. The guys ignored us for 15 mins, then when we got sick of waiting to be approached and asked for help, we were treated like an inconvenience.

Pat from active thunder impressed the heck out of me. Nice guy, knows a ton about boat construction, and judging buy the monster smile on his face during the test drive.. This guy LOVES what he does!

Tom
Pat rides are famous, and we where fortunate enough to get one, we will be in the A/T family for some time. Hope you enjoy.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Not sure about those numbers, but I do know from when I visited Outerlimits, they had done 20 boats in 08 and were scaled back to 12 for 09.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would guess around 8-10 AT's a year over the past 3-4 years. Cig is probably about 4-5 times that. Just guessing based on what I've seen.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I may be interested if the boat fits what im looking for. Any chance you can direct to some pictures of it. What are you looking to get out of it?

Thanks,
Tom
PM sent w/ link to pics. Give me a shout.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom
Tom,

That surprises me, but maybe they were all a little tired from Saturday night in south beach Not making any excuses for them, just wanted to let you know that if you are serious, I will set you up with the guy you need to speak to Also, not trying to steer you from Active thunder at all either, The quality, ride, and speed of both boats are all top notch, if I was in the market, it would be a tough choice for me, since they are both great boats, and I have connections in both places.

Rick
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Affordability seems to be key in this market now. Resale value doesnt mean sh!t lately. Lots of Cigs going cheap ! Can prob get a used Cig for not much more than a AT.

Last edited by kreed; 02-16-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Ok guys,

Just came back from the Miami show. Got a ride in an active thunder. Man, what a great riding hull. I'm trying to justify buying a boat for twice the money? So, what does everybody else say? Anybody with experience either way?

Just an FYI. The guys at the cigarette booth were dicks! We went in looking at outerlimits and cigarette, and ended up very surprised by the active thunder. He was also the only one that would take us out in the ocean, everybody else said it was too rough.

Tom
I worked the cig booth every day.Who did you talk to that was a dick? I know it was'nt me.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
They build about 60 boats a year. 30 for the US and 30 for over seas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.