trim tabs for my 20 outlaw..which ones >

trim tabs for my 20 outlaw..which ones

Notices

trim tabs for my 20 outlaw..which ones

Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 450RRRR
NOBODY LIKES THE EDDIE MARINE BETTER THAN THE BENNETT.sorry caps on.i thought the eddie marine which would give me 5 + in. more surface area per side would be a bigger help over all.plus they appear to be machined.and the rams arent made of plastic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trim-...ssoriesQ5fGear
would these be over kill

Don't get me wrong, I like the EM planes better than the Bennet tabs, but, like Griff said, they aren't going to help you much.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Eddie marine tabs are very nice, but hard to justify on a 20ft boat. If you put them down enought to help the ride, they will scrub a lot of speed as will any tab. I would find a set of used bennet tabs for that boat and call it good.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Trim Tabs

I installed the I Lenco HP tabs on my 21 Baja and the ride quality really improved. But in rough water i still realize it is only a 21' boat. Choppy water they are awesome.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by capt2130
I have eddies on my boat that I just put on over the winter. I havent tried them on water yet. But they sure look good. I know alot of people have bennetts. I just don't like the look of the 12 ga stainless. Compared to the look of aluminum billet. I know it's just personal preference. I know they are cheaper also. Just my .02
what trim switch did you end up using
Old 03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 450RRRR
what trim switch did you end up using
I upgraded to the billet toggle switch. The wiring harness I believe comes standard with plastic rocker switches.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Registered

thanks everyone for your help.....
found a set of bennett st12 brand new for 512.00 could nt pass them up.if anybody is wanting eddie marine this are on ebay now.really good deal as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eddie...ssoriesQ5fGear
Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

I know this post is really old, but there are lots of baja 20 outlaws out there. I put a set on Lenco high performance offshore 12x18 tabs on my 2003 Baja 20 outlaw. Lenco was super helpful also. Great folks. The ride improvement was huge. Plus they have the K plane look. I put the rocker swithes in a billet alloy mount from Eddie Marine. Looks very nice and so worth the money. It made an entirely different boat out of it. I also made a custom 1/2 thick plexiglass windshield that is only 8" tall bent to match the contour of the boat. No more wind in the ears. Now it is a boat that is much more usable in all different types of weather. We live in a cold climate and it is not always 80.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

+1 on the Lenco tabs. They are way better than Bennett's. I kept breaking my Bennett's and changed to Lenco. Night and day. Get the indicators totally worth it. They move quicker and are more exact when adjusting. Plus they don't use oil.