Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fusion Marine Audio Products???? >

Fusion Marine Audio Products????

Notices

Fusion Marine Audio Products????

Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fusion Marine Audio Products????

So I was flipping through a marine catalog while "in the library" if you know what I mean Anyway I ran across a stereo head unit that I thought was pretty cool. It is made by Fusion Audio. It has a flip down face and inside it has an iPod dock. From what I read the iPod slides in and the face flips back up for a waterproof seal. This is an absoultly brilliant concept. At a price point of $299 its fairly inexpensive as well. My question is Fusion any good? I have never heard of them. Currently I have an older (top of the line for its time) Alpine that I love, but the wireless remote has its limitations, where as this Fusion unit not only offers the hidden iPod dock, but can use up to 3 of their wired remote units. This would allow a remote at the helm and on at the transom. Any comments good or bad about the Fusion Audio products is welcome. Thanx in advance
Old 03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just installed one this weekend.cd..not i pod version.im going to get the seperate ipod dock.
waitng on my amp to come in .how ever it sounded pretty good running off of stock power.so far im pretty happy.also you can run up to 4 zones from one head unit.you have 4 rca outs with 4 sub outs .one for each zone.remotes are kinda expensive.the head unts are all over ebay right now.cheap.looks like it will be pretty visable in the day light.over all pretty happy with the look
Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Registered

Yeah, I just looked on eBay and there are some pretty good deals to be had on the Fusion units. I am watching one that has no sound output on one of the front speaker outputs. I could care less about that as I run all of my speakers off of my Kicker Amps. So I may throw a bid on it and see what happens. I really like the idea of having multiple wired remotes that will control my iPod. When we go out on our boat we often back it in at the beach and crack up the stereo. It would be great to control the stereo from the transom of the boat instead of having to get up into the boat every time. I am just very reluctant to drill a hole at the back of the boat. I am sure that will impact the resale value of it.... Maybe I could mount the remote in a small box that can be moved to the back of the boat and then tucked away in a compartment.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a guy that sells a ton of them and he raves about them. I took a listen to them a few months ago and I was impressed.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Yeah, I just looked on eBay and there are some pretty good deals to be had on the Fusion units. I am watching one that has no sound output on one of the front speaker outputs. I could care less about that as I run all of my speakers off of my Kicker Amps. So I may throw a bid on it and see what happens. I really like the idea of having multiple wired remotes that will control my iPod. When we go out on our boat we often back it in at the beach and crack up the stereo. It would be great to control the stereo from the transom of the boat instead of having to get up into the boat every time. I am just very reluctant to drill a hole at the back of the boat. I am sure that will impact the resale value of it.... Maybe I could mount the remote in a small box that can be moved to the back of the boat and then tucked away in a compartment.
the remote cables are 25 feet long i think.so you could just mount it to a board and set it on the rear when beached
Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

I sniped the one on eBay with 1 bad speaker output. Got it for $62.50. So I should have it in hand by next week. I will try it out and if I like it I will buy the wired remote.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We carry the Fusion products and so far I've been pleased. I've only had one CD unit skip quite a bit while in rough water, but was replaced without question from the factory a year after I installed it. I keep 2-3 units in stock most of the time as well as Poly Planar units.

Last edited by Trippin; 03-18-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

I don't know if they have changed, but in the past Fusion was inline with Pyle, Crunch, Pyramid, etc. Never-know, sometime jewels can be found. I bought some components several years ago, they held up, but didn't sound so good.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a clarion unit, and it has two wired remotes, one at the helm and the other on the swim platform. It is definitely a nice option, and we do the same thing, anchor off the beach, so it is very nice not having to get into the boat to change the stereo. it would be very hard to go back to having no remote on the swim platform after having it now for two years.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I have a clarion unit, and it has two wired remotes, one at the helm and the other on the swim platform. It is definitely a nice option, and we do the same thing, anchor off the beach, so it is very nice not having to get into the boat to change the stereo. it would be very hard to go back to having no remote on the swim platform after having it now for two years.
I am very reluctant to mount a remote at the swim platform. Next guy that buys my boat may not want a 2-1/2" hole (or remote) at the back of his off shore boat. I think I will mount the remote in a small fiberglass box and put it away when not in use and be able to leave it at the back of boat when using.....

First things first. I will have to see how it sounds....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.