exhaust for 741 cam shaft whos running what

Notices

exhaust for 741 cam shaft whos running what

Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Did that last year as per your advice griff.
I'm surprised you are getting reversion then. As you can see, so are many others.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blower motors is a whole different deal.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Registered

Here is the deal i never had a problem till last year when i redone all heads and put in the 741 cams, first i noticed alot of milky chit in the breather hoses and inside the oil fill caps. after tear down this spring i had some milky in the oil both motors, also had indication around tops of pistons and cylinders not all just a few, and valve seats # 3 on 1 motor had to be re ground some to seat as it was leaking down 60% and appeared to have indication of water on just 1 motor.as well as rust around the chambers of 2 exhaust port on same motor. When looking up into my gill tails with a light i dont see any thing but black exhaust no sighn of trails of clean spots. But both motors having the milky stuff in upper valv covers and some in the oil make me belive it is reversion what else on both motors if it was just 1 id think maybe something else. one thing is my oil temp on both motors never goes above 190 no matter how hard i run, and my pcv system has been pluged of since i got the boat from joe.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

blower motors is a whole different deal.
Yes it is, which is why I also stated I run the same motor, low rise short exhaust risors w/o the blower and never had reversion.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much hp does that cam make?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yes it is, which is why I also stated I run the same motor, low rise short exhaust risors w/o the blower and never had reversion.
Sorry bro i missed the w/o as well, Not sure why im having this problem, should of left the damn thing stock.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Mine were degreed in around 11
What is 11?? Do you mean 111*? What is the recommend ICL for a 741, anyone?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Did that last year as per your advice griff.

looking at the pic,this is just a suggestion....if you didn't have any issues before and no one else has issues i would remove those wash back doo hickys you installed.if I'm looking at the pic rite it looks like theirs a water hole behind the doo hicky thing you installed..water may be coming out from that hole and splashing back into the manifolds..if you either remove them of position then moe on a angle towards the back of the boat so it dont splash back we may have solved your problem..

also do you run anykind of internal flappers?

Was that pic taken looking in from the back of the boat??

Last edited by FIXX; 04-15-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Pretty sure that is a pic of his riser not installed. He was concerned about reversion early on and I told him about installing a small water dam. I would have had them welded back farther into the riser. I think it might be possible that water from the other 2 water discharge holes(that you can't see in the pic) inside the risers is getting behind the dam.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
looking at the pic,this is just a suggestion....if you didn't have any issues before and no one else has issues i would remove those wash back doo hickys you installed.if I'm looking at the pic rite it looks like theirs a water hole behind the doo hicky thing you installed..water may be coming out from that hole and splashing back into the manifolds..if you either remove them of position then moe on a angle towards the back of the boat so it dont splash back we may have solved your problem..

also do you run anykind of internal flappers?

Was that pic taken looking in from the back of the boat??
It is behind the hole, you are seeing the probe for my exhaust tems behind it, as for the upper holes maybe what griff is saying is a problem, all though in front of the dumps out the pipe is nice and clean behind the dumps all the back the riser is black with no clean lines or indication of water, but im told it draws the mist and steam back in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.