Is anybody close to Staunton VA >

Is anybody close to Staunton VA

Notices

Is anybody close to Staunton VA

Old 04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anybody close to Staunton VA

Hey guys I am thinking of sending my hotrod to a shop in staunton for paint. But I am nervous because I was burnt once doing business with a shop far from my home in Long Island NY. WE agreed on one price and shook hands then after a year he decided he had to many hours invested in the project and I received a letter from his lawyer stating I have to pay or a mechanics lien would be filed what a mess it still is a sore subject even after a year. Maybe someone knows the shop in VA Blueridge autobody
Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

P,
I will put a post on a couple of automotive forums I frequent. If I get any answers I will forward them.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 04-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who is the owner ?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered

Loren Harris is the owner. Thanks guys this could save me alot of aggravation.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by P man
Hey guys I am thinking of sending my hot rod to a shop in Stanton for paint. But I am nervous because I was burnt once doing business with a shop far from my home in Long Island NY. WE agreed on one price and shook hands then after a year he decided he had to many hours invested in the project and I received a letter from his lawyer stating I have to pay or a mechanics lien would be filed what a mess it still is a sore subject even after a year. Maybe someone knows the shop in VA Blueridge autobody
Why are you going so far out of your way to get a car finished??

their are a ton of great body shops out their that do great work and now allot of them are hurting for money and probably would be more then happy to finish your project,my brother would probably be more then happy to finish it for you..google search body shops in your area and go take a drive and check out their work,,if you find a decent body shop in your area you will be able to keep track of the work being done this way you wont get screwed again..
Old 04-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

I would love too stay in the area but long island's labor rate and cost of doing business is so high. Most shops just want to change a fender and a bumper cover all week long and save people the deductible so when they get sloppy work the really don't care it seems like. And if they are capable of good work they want a fortune.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

I have a friend in the Albany NY area that owns a small body shop that will do work better than you could imagine. He is extremly picky about his show cars and would not do work below his own standards. PM me if you want his number. Jeff Wurl