Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bottom Surface Scrubbing off Speed? >

Bottom Surface Scrubbing off Speed?

Notices

Bottom Surface Scrubbing off Speed?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No scrapping was necessary. Took about 5 hrs. I used a hydrochloric based cleaned called Zing to disolve a majority of the barnacles, then followed up with a gallon of another hydrochloric based product called on-off (I believe that was suggested earlier in the thread). After a few applications with a garden sprayer and hitting with a 3500psi pressure washer w/turbo rotating tip, all of the barnacles were removed. There was some staining left that I am sure another cleaner will help, but I left it as is for now. It freed the boat up. Now at 3000 RPM the boat is cruising @ 40MPH, at 4000 RPM it was running well over 50MPH. I was able to break my previous mark of 62, by 3 mph and still had plenty of throttle left. I was running on fumes and the boat was getting real light at 65MPH and began to chine walk. So I will drop some fuel in it and see if a bit of weight will stop the chine walk. May change from the hydro 26p back to the Bravo I 26p, if adding weight doesn't get ride of the chine walk. I am sure I will see an increase in fuel efficency as well.

Here are a couple of better pics to give an idea of what I started with.

Last edited by low_psi; 04-28-2010 at 08:37 PM.