Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Oil Pressure sender for Livorsi Guage. >

Oil Pressure sender for Livorsi Guage.

Notices

Oil Pressure sender for Livorsi Guage.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Oil Pressure sender for Livorsi Guage.

I've got a Livorsi 80 psi oil pressure gauge, can I use a non-livorsi sending unit? If so what have you guys run?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

For the 80psi gauge, you can use a Merc sender or the Livorsi sender.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I've got a Livorsi 80 psi oil pressure gauge, can I use a non-livorsi sending unit? If so what have you guys run?
I used a basic bbc sender from CarQuest. You might want to paint it before installing though..
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
I used a basic bbc sender from CarQuest. You might want to paint it before installing though..

I had a automotive oil sender in one of my engines when i bought the boat and the guage did not read correct. The correct new one is only 32.00... why not just put the right one back in it???? cheap insurance if a oil psi problem does come about..
Old 05-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by theadamv1
I had a automotive oil sender in one of my engines when i bought the boat and the guage did not read correct. The correct new one is only 32.00... why not just put the right one back in it???? cheap insurance if a oil psi problem does come about..
Doesn't Auto Meter make Livorsi's gauges? Couldn't I use an auto meter sender.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by theadamv1
If you have a problem with readings and that fixed your problems than I certainly agree.

I had access to the automotive one and it just happen to work for me. There are lots of things that you don't need to buy that say "marine" on the box. You just figure it out over time via common sense. I wasn't really worried about 32 bucks.

For instance, the main harness fuel and trim relays on the 496 - - They are simply automotive day time running light relays. Mercury does not make special relays just for that. There's a lot of cross-over etc.