Trim Tab problem

Notices

Trim Tab problem

Old 05-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tab problem

Hey guys,

I have a 92 Mariah z240 with Insta trim / Boat leveler Co tabs on it. I went over the boat this week to get it ready for the water and am having problems with the tabs. They were low on fluid so I brought it up to the correct level. They both cycled down, one was able to come back up, and then back down, but now they are both stuck in the down position and will now move.

The pump motor runs when I press the switch to go in reverse, but no movement. The motor does still make noise when I press to move them down, but it is very weak sounding.

I pulled the wires off at the switch, and had the same results with the pump running. When given power, the solenoids click, but very weakly.

I disconnected the tabs from the cylinders and they move freely with no binding.

Any suggestions where I go from hear?

To me it seems that the solenoids are not opening to let the fluid back into the reservior. What would cause this?

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The rams are spring return. They don't use hyd press to retract. Either they have a lot of crud built up on cyl rod preventing them from sliding in the lower nut, or the solenoids are not releasing pressure.

Is your battery fully charged?