Why use a Crossover vs. water pump? >

Why use a Crossover vs. water pump?

Notices

Why use a Crossover vs. water pump?

Old 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

T-Stat = 1 less thing to break and/or wear out!

Anyone who's owned a boat long enough in salt water knows what I'm referring to.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B.O.T.E BBC427
Also I need help on trying to figure out on my bbc427 bored .60 over, would i be better to run a big cam and nice big 345cc matching heads, or go smaller cam / heads and just add procharger. I like big lope and want river poker run boat, so what would be best on gas usage also? currently have bravo x drive. Any and all ideas welcome! block is sitting waiting for decisions!
If you have a tall deck block sitting there waiting for assembly I would get a 4.250 or 4.500 stroke crank and get some extra cubes out of the motor.

A 4.250 stroke with a +0.60 bore will net you around 496 cubic inches.

A 4.500 stroke with a +0.60 bore will net you around 525 cubic inches.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm building the same engine as you, 439 bbc (427 +.060). I'm using AFR's new 265 oval port. This is the perfect head for your combo. I'm having Bob Mandera do the cam and I also got the heads from him. You will quickly find out on OSO that Bob is who you want to talk to about your valve train. There are not any 427 guys in here, so it nice to see that I'm not the only one with an odd ball bbc.

As to your reversion question, you will have to upgrade your exhaust to something like Stainless marine with long risers if you plan on running a big cam. Don't even think about running any kind of performance cam with the factory exhaust!