decent cd player for the $ >

decent cd player for the $

Notices

decent cd player for the $

Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default decent cd player for the $

have a pretty new poineer premier higher end cd player which have used very little in my checkmate, but now skips/sticks whatever they do while just sitting at dock...any repair ?? or need to change to something else...need a new amp and really did not want to replace the head unit..but ?? thanks Rob
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Not sure if it can be fixed.

I use an automotive head w/marine speakers. As long as the head is in a place where it won't get wet. They are a lot cheaper than marine.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a Sony M50IP with the remote commander, it blows away my alpine in ease of controlling an Ipod and general function control. I can hear no sound difference and I have a very good stereo in both boats. The Sony M50IP isn't made any longer but a similar model would be the 30 or 60. It just depends on what you need. I would really suggest getting the marine version over the auto so you can add a wired remote later if you want.. Wireless is ok but a wire is like having the head unit mounted in your dash. All functions are right there as well as a lcd screen for info.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered

the head unit is in the cabin and I can see it from the helm, a wireless remote works well and sometimes when docked we use it as out music source and can control the unit with the the remote from the dock..so a wireless is what I still want..thanks for the replys...
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Clarion CMD6, all setup for AUX inputs, USB connection already there, plenty of Pre-Outs, and internal amp for normal speaker operation. MP3 cds, cd, satellite, ipod etc... great radio, not to mention can add a remote near the swim platform for inwater controls, and it comes with a handheld remote (not waterproof)

Everything on this radio is waterproof. Runs about $300

BTW, although it looks double din, the actual radio body is only single din.
Attached Thumbnails decent cd player for the $-2010-05-23_16.44.58.jpg  

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 05-25-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Fusion makes a nice marine head unit for an ipod. The Ipod dock is inside. You flip the face down and slid your ipod into it, then flip the face back up. Offers full ipod controls. It only has the wired remotes though..... I put one wired remote in my dash and the other remote has an extension cable so I can move it around (I plug it in while we are anchored and move it to the transom)..... Just some food for thought. They can be found on ebay cheap. Bought mine with a bad speaker output (I use amps anyway) for $65.00. I am totally blown away by the sound quality as well. It is as good as my previous Alpine unit.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Pioneers are junk, get a new deck. My buddy Jay went through two $300 Pioneer decks in 6 months, replaced with a much cheaper Panasonic and never had another problem.

I like Sony's as well. That's what I put in my boat last year, and it's worked flawlessly so far. If not a Sony I would have gotten a Clarion, then Alpine.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-90vMKJb...S-MP400MR.html

Cant beat the price, I love mine.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Registered

sony at pep boys $100 ten years old 200watts
Old 05-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
have a pretty new poineer premier higher end cd player which have used very little in my checkmate, but now skips/sticks whatever they do while just sitting at dock...any repair ?? or need to change to something else...need a new amp and really did not want to replace the head unit..but ?? thanks Rob
If your interested in a used Sony, my buddy just pulled one out of his boat thats's probably not more than 2yrs old. I could see if he wants to part with it and get more info for you if your interested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.