Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think? >

Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think?

Notices

Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think?

Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I was just checking out the Autometer guages! They look great, come in the same sizes that Livorsi's do and are half the price. I'm pretty sure Autometer builds Livorsi but not positive. If it were me I would go with the the Autometer set up. There carbon face 5" GPS speedo is only 139.00. compare that to the Livorsi Gauge!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
If I had it to do over again I would go Gaffrig and NOT Livorsi! My trim guage had the trim ring popping off and Livorsi wanted $15 to fix it? I never installed it. Then I ordered two additional guages (oil press and temp) and I ordered the Mega ring when I needed the Race ring. I called Livorsi and offered to drive up to their office and exchange them for the guage with the right ring. They said "that will be a $15 charge per guage to change the rings". All they would have had to do is give me two new guages and put mine back on the shelf. They were new never used. Also the newest gauges no longer use glass lenses. The ones I recieved that have a mgf sticker of 5/10 on them have a cheaper plastic lens. After these two experiences I will not by Livorsi products again unless I'm trying to match something. Their customer service stinks and product quality is only OK.
That stinks... I was about to order a set of Livorsi's just so I could get a 100mph speedo... might be able to get into the 90s and I hate to have the 120speedo in there.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Not trying to hijack here...

My 2003 Velocity has Gaffrig gauges and in small print at the bottom of each gauge it says Livorsi Marine USA.....
Don't worry about highjack... Gaffrig Precision was bought out by Livorsi, I think? I know that Livorsi mfg Gaffrig gauges for a while because I have the same thing you do currently in my 21. There was a lawsuite too over the Gaffrig name:
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/...2006/99807.pdf
Old 06-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I was just checking out the Autometer guages! They look great, come in the same sizes that Livorsi's do and are half the price. I'm pretty sure Autometer builds Livorsi but not positive. If it were me I would go with the the Autometer set up. There carbon face 5" GPS speedo is only 139.00. compare that to the Livorsi Gauge!
I do like the Autometers, but they don't even offer old school plain black and orange pointers (what I'm looking for), otherwise I'd be all over them. They look like decent gauges at a good price.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone on the board here sell or distribute Autometer Gauges, I would like to replace the ones in my Baja, they are older Gaffrig ones, which still work pretty well [minor fogging] but, I really like the look of the Autometer Carbon Fiber style

Thanks!
Michael
Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

rex marine sells them.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my previous boat (Baja Force 250) I replaced all of the gauges with gauges from a company called SS Competition (www.sscompetition.com). They were very economical and served me well. I had them for 3 seasons then sold the boat. They never once failed or fogged up, and they were rained on numerous times........ They only have one style, white face/black numbers w/orange pointers.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

autometer makes a beautifully trick set up that they use in the winston cup cars that has adjustable limit points... low oil pres , high water temp etc... and when the gage reaches those limits it flashes red which if you are scanning a dash with 20 gages in it is really helpful.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

well new tach worked great......but salt water made the stock speedo stop working....
Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

Well, I got a quote on Livorsi gauges and am leaning that way... I'll call Gaffrig before I buy just to compare. Probably end up with a set of L's in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.