87 Pachanga 22 props anyone?

Notices

87 Pachanga 22 props anyone?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 Pachanga 22 props anyone?

Hello all.

I am currently in the final phase of a motor rebuild on my 87 pachanga 22. I'm looking to see if anyone has input on prop selection. The boat has a 454 CID 330 hp. stock rebuild in it at the moment.

My question is what kind of prop should i look for to increase performance as well as longevity of the boat. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand the Alpha 1 Drive in the boat can only handle up to 400 hp. so most likely there will be no upgrades in the near future.

Thanks!
PachangaByLawson
Old 06-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I owned a P22 for years and loved it. I tried several. Stock application, Mirage Plus 23p and have it labbed from BBLADES.

Enjoy the boat.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

Default I recommend Hydromotive Engineering....

Intimidator Quad IV. I would go with a 24 Pitch.

I am running a 1989 Pachanga 22 with the same stock engine, but I have a Bravo I drive. I am running a Quad IV that they tweaked to about 22.5 pitch. It is not enough. I can still peg 4500 RPM without trying.

They have a loaner program for about $50.00. You try a prop for 50.00 each try until you get it right, then I believe the $50.00 is taken off the price of the one you buy.

Also call them (330-425-4266)(www.hydromotive.com). They also have a 22 Pachanga with an Alpha drive. So they can advise you very well.

Also, you might want to try a Cleaver. The story about Pachangas should run a Mirage Plus is apparently BS. Hydromotive can tell you the real story.

Scott
Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
kb_
Registered

Hydro Quad IV ran the best for me as well with an 454 alpha one. Labbed cleaver was the best top end but it was slow to plane and blew out in turns. I recently repowered and I am running a bravo 26, but I will probably go back to a QIV.