Rapid Fire #1 in HP500

Notices

Rapid Fire #1 in HP500

Old 04-29-2002, 11:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Rapid Fire #1 in HP500

Is any body running the NEW AC Delco Rapid Fire #1 in their HP500? I went to get the AC Delco Sp. Plug that the Merc. Manual rcommends, (MR43T) but the Auto-Parts store said that these Rapid Fire #1 replaced the MR43T's?
Thanks,
MD
Old 04-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine runs the Rapid fires in his HP500's Dean, but I just purchased 16ea. MR43T's for mine so they are still available. The MR43TS is NLA which was the extended tip. I don't believe the Rapid Fire plugs are corrosion resistant.

Last edited by NW_Jim; 04-29-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

NW Jim,
Thanks for the info. I guess I will give the rapid fires a try, and see what happens. As far as the corrosion issue, I change them every year and install them with electrical Grease, soo hopefully, that will protect them until I can change them next year.
Thanks again,
MD
Old 04-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

We all run Rapid fire #1 in our 454 and 502's,,, you will be fine in your motor,, plus it is supposed to be a stainless plug for corrosion. Heats up faster to avoid fouling at start up.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

I used Rapid Fire #1's last season in my HP carb. They worked great. Still looked fine at the end of the year. They have a stainless steel body like the MR plugs so they may have replaced them. Not sure though.

Eric
Old 04-30-2002, 07:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well,
I put them in last night, and ran the motor, and it idled GREAT!! I know some of the great idle is due to the fact that the plugs are new, BUT they definitlly idle better than the MR43T's I installed last year. Guys, thanks for all your input.
Eric,
Your motor #'s Look GREAT!! IS the K+N Filter you're using, CG approved? Where did you get it, and how much? I wonder if it would make that much of a difference on my HP500 with KE exhaust? What Exhaust are you running on your HP509?
Thanks again,
MD
Old 04-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

Dean, The K&N I got does not have a CG approved stamp or sticker or whatever they use. Jeg's has them in the catalog. It's called a "Custom 66" It was $125.

Did you see the hp difference with the stock arrestor? Yes I think getting rid of it will help your motor some.

Im using CMI e-top headers with CMI tail pipes.

I got my motor now so I'll be working on the boat everyday this week!!

Later, Eric
Old 04-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Eric,
Thanks, i'm going to look for a K+N Filter! I bet your boat in going to scream!!
Troutly,
My motor is 1999 HP500 CARB. with KE exhaust. I would think that these RF#1 would work for your 500 EFI's also! My motor definitly idles better, but the proof will be in running her this weekend.
Hope this helps,
MD
Old 04-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey dean ferry whats up man. I was wondering if you got any pics of your boat yet. I seen on the other post that you might be selling it. I might be interested in the boat if you are going to sell it. You can either post them somewhere or email ([email protected])them to me i would appreciate it. Thanks Bobby
Old 05-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Bobbyb,
Thanks for the interest, BUT unfortunately, we are going to HAVE to keep our boat because we, (CFW) lost our legal challenge to all the NEW Manatee zones, (9 mile idle) that are being put in our waterways here in Brevard Co. Our 280 Velocity is small enough, and has a swallow enough draft that we can avoid some of the New Manatee zones, by going across a some SHALLOW areas. The 388 Hustler we were looking @ wouldn't be able traverse these areas!! If something changes, I'll send you an e-mail, sorry!
MD

Quick Reply: Rapid Fire #1 in HP500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.