Outdrive Jacks and Stands >

Outdrive Jacks and Stands

Notices

Outdrive Jacks and Stands

Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outdrive Jacks and Stands

Hey guys somewhere on here there was a thread about the outdrive jack that is advertised in the classified section and i can not find it at all, even with a forum search. Any info. would be appreciated, i dont remember what section of the forums it was in, it was about 2 months ago. Also i am considering buying one to make the one person removal of a outdrive easier and there were 2 types advertised on here at on time, one used a bottle jack and it looked real nice and the other one used a small floor jack and it looked good too, any info on pros and cons would be appreciated Thank You
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mid west metal fabrication made mine. He was advertising in the classifieds some time ago. The product is great. My back thanks me every time I remove a drive. 1-219-931-3131http://midwestmetalfabrication.com/
Old 06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I guess it's a matter of how much you want to spend. You can build one easy enough.

The first one was pretty cheesy but it worked!

Then I upgraded! I modified an engine stand I had laying around.

As far as a jack...You can move the tongue of the trailer up or down to level the drive and transom assembly. Of course that may not work on large boats.
Attached Thumbnails Outdrive Jacks and Stands-stand.jpg   Outdrive Jacks and Stands-stand1.jpg  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Codered
Hey guys somewhere on here there was a thread about the outdrive jack that is advertised in the classified section and i can not find it at all, even with a forum search. Any info. would be appreciated, i dont remember what section of the forums it was in, it was about 2 months ago. Also i am considering buying one to make the one person removal of a outdrive easier and there were 2 types advertised on here at on time, one used a bottle jack and it looked real nice and the other one used a small floor jack and it looked good too, any info on pros and cons would be appreciated Thank You
I think this is the one you are talking about and it is still in the classifieds. I bought one over the winter from Richard and it is very good quality, clever design and works great. Well worth it IMO.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o20513-en.html
Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I think this is the one you are talking about and it is still in the classifieds. I bought one over the winter from Richard and it is very good quality, clever design and works great. Well worth it IMO.

x 2.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did see that one but there was also one made by a fella named Jeff Bridges that i think used to advertise on here, iwas wonder if one was better than the other before i bought one Thanks Again
Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech

This is the one I have. Awesome Product!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote :

I previously built these units under the Midwest Metal fabrication before I retired. Now I build them on my own under Northwoods Mechanical. Same units. I have units in stock ready to ship.
Thanks to all the great testimonials !!!!! Rich

Last edited by rrentsch; 06-18-2010 at 09:35 AM.