Looking for 2000 Wellcraft Excalibur Windshield >

Looking for 2000 Wellcraft Excalibur Windshield

Notices

Looking for 2000 Wellcraft Excalibur Windshield

Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 2000 Wellcraft Excalibur Windshield

Looking for a windshield for my 2000 Wellcraft Excalibur. We had a tornado go thru on Monday and a tree dropped on it. Did a number on the section in front of the helm. Anybody have a connection to find a new or used windshield? Or even just the frame and glass for the starboard side? Wellcraft no longer carries them and Taylor Made may not even have the ability to replace it. They are currently checking to see if the molds are still around. That surprised me being that the boat is only 10 years old. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. This is turning out to be a bigger problem than I thought.

EX20
Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

About the only place that seems to be able to make replacement glass and framework for my windshield is Ocean Dynamics in Miami. Anyone had experience with them? I hope that they can get this done.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

Update for anyone that might care or need this info in the future:

Here it is August 19th, 2010 and the replacement parts are finally back on the boat and it looks normal again. Very frustrated the last few weeks.

I finally found out that my windshield came out of the Gloversville, New York facility of Taylor Made Systems (518)773-0636. They needed the six digit Taylor Made part number (pattern number) off of the windshield, which of course I could not find. Had to call Wellcraft (941)753-7811. They found their part number and cross referenced to the Taylor Made number. Called them back with the number and placed an order to start things rolling. Customer service pays no attention to detail. No follow up, at least with the rep I worked with. Could not get calls returned, use email if possible after first contact. The glass was supposedly ordered out of Florida. Found out after two weeks that it never happened. Start over. Re-order the glass and it finally gets to NY. I sent in my framework off the boat. They re-assembled it to the new glass. Turnaround was about a week.

I hope this makes it easier for someone to get their glass fixed in the future. If a tree falls, hope it hits fiberglass. That seems easier to get repaired. Windshield damage is the last thing you want to have happen.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

Update for anyone that might care or need this info in the future:

Here it is August 19th, 2010 and the replacement parts are finally back on the boat and it looks normal again. Very frustrated the last few weeks.

I finally found out that my windshield came out of the Gloversville, New York facility of Taylor Made Systems (518)773-0636. They needed the six digit Taylor Made part number (pattern number) off of the windshield, which of course I could not find. Had to call Wellcraft (941)753-7811. They found their part number and cross referenced to the Taylor Made number. Called them back with the number and placed an order to start things rolling. Customer service pays no attention to detail. No follow up, at least with the rep I worked with. Could not get calls returned, use email if possible after first contact. The glass was supposedly ordered out of Florida. Found out after two weeks that it never happened. Start over. Re-order the glass and it finally gets to NY. I sent in my framework off the boat. They re-assembled it to the new glass. Turnaround was about a week.

I hope this makes it easier for someone to get their glass fixed in the future. If a tree falls, hope it hits fiberglass. That seems easier to get repaired. Windshield damage is the last thing you want to have happen.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Taylor seems to be the biggest. I know some of the wellcraft/scarabs also used aldon for windshield / interior supplier.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

When I sub'd my 32 and imploded the tempered glass, I was at wits end with my boat. No chance of replacing an '89 baja windshield. Then I came across this place in S.Fl called acrylico, they molded a complete windshield to fit the frame for $400. The tempered glass was nice, but the new windshield is just as good provided you don't scrub it/scratch it. The same co. Made me a kick @ss custom instrument panel foe the gaffrigs...$100 to redo the helm and instrument panels, laser cut.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Registered

I know this thread is older but I have a 2000 wellcraft excalibur 23’ cuddy and I busted the portside windshield. Wellcraft no longer carries older part numbers since they were bought out. Taylor made is no help either. I work for a large manufacturer in another field and we were bought out 4 times and I still have item numbers from the 50s. I will never buy another Wellcraft again that’s for sure. Absolute JOKE! Anyone possibly have a part number?
Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Registered

I know this thread is older but I have a 2000 wellcraft excalibur 23’ cuddy and I busted the portside windshield. Wellcraft no longer carries older part numbers since they were bought out. Taylor made is no help either. I work for a large manufacturer in another field and we were bought out 4 times and I still have item numbers from the 50s. I will never buy another Wellcraft again that’s for sure. Absolute JOKE! Anyone possibly have a part number?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Registered

Blake,

I just pm'd you too.

Just found and old private message to another person with a broken windshield. Here is the info for my 2000 20ft Excalibur.

There would have been a 6 digit number on a small round sticker somewhere on the windshield. I don't know if you have access to the old one?

My part number was 21165S-S3 (curved helm corner glass only) for windshield number 030597. I don't know if that helps. I think that the 20ft and 23ft Excaliburs used the same windshield. They had the same beam.

I was dealing with Taylor Made out of New York. That's where I think all if not most Excalibur windshields came out of.

Taylor Made Group, LLC
Taylor Made - New York Facility
93 South Blvd
Gloversville, NY 12078
Accounting Questions - 518-773-9426
Order Status and placement - 518-773-0636

Also, try and talk the manager of the department. She is very knowledgeable and may be able to figure out which part number you would need. I went through hell working with one of the sales reps. She had no idea what she was doing. Hopefully this information is still current. This happened to me in 2010.

Good luck.