Mercury 600sc stalls when shifting imco sc drive >

Mercury 600sc stalls when shifting imco sc drive

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 1997eliminator Daytona. sapposed to be turn key had a ton of problems. Stalls everytime it shifts and was overheating. Impeller was fine but found a bunch of impeller parts and sand in the coolers. That problem is solved and runs perfect. Had bravo1 on it switched to imco sc still have problem. I also put new ignition wires, cap, rotor, sensor, plugs, and shift cable. Engine starts and idles runs perfect. I also disconnected the neutral safety switch. No matter what I do with idle rpms it stall forward and reverse with either drive. On the bravo I even replaced the detent and spring. Any help I can't dock this sucks! Has a 34P lab finish bravo 4 blade, also tried 4 blade 30p same results.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(FYI) Be sure that you set the idle speed to 750 RPM's while it's in gear with this engine to avoid water ingestion.

If you adjust it to 750 RPM's while it's in neutral gear the idle will be to low when you shift and that could suck in the water.