Bennett trim tab help please >

Bennett trim tab help please

Notices

Bennett trim tab help please

Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bennett trim tab help please

I have a 2002 Formula 400 SS with Bennett tabs. The port side dash switch broke so it would go down but not up. I replaced the dash switch and now the tab won't work at all. I've triple checked the wires and they are in the correct place and secure. I have reset the circuit breaker and I don't see any other fuses. When I hit the switch up or down I can feel and hear something at the pump. It sounds like the solenoids are activating but the pump is not pumping. Any ideas? Could I have fried the pump motor changing out the switch? Could there be another fuse or breaker I am missing?

Last edited by bford1; 07-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only one motor for both sides, so if the other side works, you didnt fry the motor, maybe a solenoid?? Call Bennet, their customer service and tech advice is incredible, when I had to call, they put the owner of the companuy on the phone, and he got me parts for free!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Call Bennett directly and talk to MJ Thomas. The whole company is EXTREMELY nice, and MJ will answer your questions definitively and quickly.

Seriously, they set the standard for customer service--no matter how old your stuff is.