rusted plugs >

rusted plugs

Notices

rusted plugs

Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rusted plugs

had the boat out friday nite and again it started to pop when trying to get on plane, i had given the boat a complete tune up in the spring new filters, plugs, dist etc ..........so i couldnt touch the boat again till this am and plug 7 and 3 had actually small amounts of rust on the inner thread and firing pin checked the oil and it appears ok so is this a case of water reversion or? the other plugs were pretty black thanks in advance again for any input
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have the stock exhaust manifolds? Sounds like you may have one leaking. Do you see any rust trails running down the side of the exhaust between the manifold and riser? If so, they are leaking and need to be replaced. You can bet that if they are leaking on the outside, then they are leaking on the inside.
Eddie
Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will check for the rust.............also the the exhaust manifold has" youngblood" stamped on the side , similar in appearance to gills etc but so far nobody can give me ant answers on their origin >>ever heard of them?