496ho Water Drain Actuator >

496ho Water Drain Actuator

Notices

496ho Water Drain Actuator

Old 07-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496ho Water Drain Actuator

My water drain winterization actuator assembly is leaking water on my 2003 496 ho. Its on a twin engine setup and, of course, it would be the port motor. Looks like one or both of the exhaust manifolds would have to be removed to access. I would like to permanently do away with this gizmo. If I replaced with a piece of pvc or brass nipple would this work and just disconnect the hoses to the shrader valve?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goldeneyee
My water drain winterization actuator assembly is leaking water on my 2003 496 ho. Its on a twin engine setup and, of course, it would be the port motor. Looks like one or both of the exhaust manifolds would have to be removed to access. I would like to permanently do away with this gizmo. If I replaced with a piece of pvc or brass nipple would this work and just disconnect the hoses to the shrader valve?
I did teague sells a stainless sleeve fit perfect
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. No problems in disconnecting the lines to the shrader valve?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Just got off the phone with Teague and no one at their company seems to know anything about a stainless sleeve for this application. I was also cautioned that the whole water drain system would have to be decomissioned and plugged tp prevent water leakage problems.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 496

The air actuator assembly mounts on the rear of the raw water pump. A skilled Mercury mechanic can remove the water pump without removing the exhaust system components. I watched 'em do it on one of my twins. Here is the part number for the actuator assembly-863717A2.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Registered

Thumbs up I can Help

I have a fully functional, non-leaking drain system if you want it. 100 bucks to your door ups ground.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Registered

SDFEVER: PM me with your contact info. If I can't find a suitable sleeve you are my first alternative. Thanks... Bill