Notices

Stereo

Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
PS. I would get the Sears high end batteries before the Optima any day of the week. They are made by Johnson and are some of the best batteries you can buy. They are about the same as the Stinger batteries that are also fantastic. They have a MUCH lower failure rate then the optimas.
Johnson Control Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard - sold in Sears, Kirkland - the Costco brand, Motorcraft - which Ford sells, some of the EverStarts, Optima and Interstate.

We have had great success with Yellow Optima batteries for stereo systems, and we run 1000's of watts all weekend on them. JCI is local and we can always find someone to get them at cost for us.

On the other hand blue optima marine batteries don't seem to work as well for High watt systems and all day playing.
my $0.02
Old 07-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did not realize that Johnson took over Optima. Maybe they have made some impovements since they did. When I tried them a while back it seemed that the plates would short out on them and they would die way to quick. Maybe this has been resolved because I have always had very good luck with almost any battery made by Johnson.

Jon
Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with everyone here. I am running 2 sears platinum batteries and 1 blue top optima (which I use as my primary stereo battery) and it cuts out all the time. The other day I made the optima the primary battery and it wouldnt even start the motor! The sears batteries are wayyyy better. Needless to say Im about the replace the optima that I purchased just last year for $250! What a waste!