Engine will not start 525 sc >

Engine will not start 525 sc

Notices

Engine will not start 525 sc

Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Where is your ignition module mounted?????

The troubleshooting guuide in c deezy's is a good start. A weak or bad ground on the module or module case will end with the "replace Ign module" also though.
Yeah I meant to add that as well. Check and double check all of your grounds. Give them a little tug too, they make look like they are connected good but could be loose in the lug.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all your help. turns out that there is an overspeed assembly ( rev limiter) installed in the wiring harness, swapped them and the engine started immediately.. YEEHA! Bad news is its a $600 special order part. I am going to attempt bypassing it until the new part comes in.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Somebody probably has one of those used laying around. It is the same rev limiter/overspeed assembly that was used on the carbed HP500's. Many people switch to MSD's and get rid of them. I've never even heard of one of them going bad.

For $600, I would seriously consider switching to MSD's.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that exact same thing go bad a couple weeks ago. But for some reason, only one of the motors had the rev limiter so I moved it to the other motor and the problem followed.

If you want, you can just modify the harness to work without the rev limiter. That's what I did and it works fine. I can get you a pic tomorrow evening if you would like.

Originally Posted by snake dance
Thanks for all your help. turns out that there is an overspeed assembly ( rev limiter) installed in the wiring harness, swapped them and the engine started immediately.. YEEHA! Bad news is its a $600 special order part. I am going to attempt bypassing it until the new part comes in.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes please a picture would be great. Snake Dance rides again!
Old 09-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know i am 12 years late, but do you still have a picture of the bypass wiring?