transom exhaust cut out Q >

transom exhaust cut out Q

Notices

transom exhaust cut out Q

Old 07-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face transom exhaust cut out Q

if I run my exhaust tails straight out it will hit rub rail does someone make a exhaust ring thats bendable. or if I use pvc to get the tails mocked up I could run a 22 degree pvc bend then straight pipe would the 22degree angle be to sharp and throw off the rings the transom has 13 degrees anyways. I though about using wood and cutting a 15degree angle and glue pvc pipes on that any ideas and who has the best rings I will have 5'' outer and was thinking using 6'' rings but would need a gasket of 5'' or 5 1/2 for angle. art
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The ring on my scarab have a pretty big rubber gasket that seals tightly around the pipe . This type could definitely handle an aggressive angle. The only thing would be if it looks funny coming out at such a steep angle. I am not sure who makes my rings but I can snap a photo if you would like?

Thank
Jim
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
The ring on my scarab have a pretty big rubber gasket that seals tightly around the pipe . This type could definitely handle an aggressive angle. The only thing would be if it looks funny coming out at such a steep angle. I am not sure who makes my rings but I can snap a photo if you would like?

Thank
Jim
thanks anyway but I have a idea going see what the pvc 22.5 angle looks like next to my old SM dry exhaust it has a nice angle and it maybe close to the pvc if so THATS IT.going to go for it. plus I just cut up some 1'' x 6'' round wood templates I may cut pvc at 13 degrees glue it to wood and see if its low and passes under the rubrail.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

well it looks like the 22 degree angle will have to do, anything smaller we will be in the rail so the tails will stick out 9 degrees which is not a lot my sm were about 15 degrees. now I found out hardin using a 32'' runners one header is longer than the other most other header Co's use a longer collector on one side so the tails are the same size and angle. so NOW WE HAVE TO MOCK UP A 3 3/4'' SPACER ON ONE TAIL OTHERWISE THE TAILS WILL COME OUT AT DIFFERENT HEIGHTS PLUS THE WATER INLETS ARE AT THE BACK INSTEAD OF FRONT MAN, I hope these run good. I just should of went with stainless marine gen 3s. not inpressed with hardin like I use to be besides the headers they forgot a order and messed up another. and I use to buy 90% of my stuff from them. the one order I had from teague was fine and fast, but there in cali and hardin/cp/ke have a place in fl so it should be closer. even my bam order was sent messed up ha hahah it was sent 2 day and came 5 day someone up stairs does not want AIR TIME too to hit the water anytime soon. but Iam disapointed about the headers and can't send them back they were dynoed time only by yancy balls from lousiana for his cat and they stuck out the motor cover so he bought the smaller ones and I bought his if I new about the water pick ups in the rear and off set collectors I would have bought the stainless marines cheaper and will last longer.