bravo stern jack >

bravo stern jack

Notices

bravo stern jack

Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bravo stern jack

have a chance to swap out for a land & sea stern jack for my 25 checkmate...anybody ran one of these in a app like or simular ? pros..cons..thanks Rob
Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Some boats responded well to them. The problem is parts.......you can't get them. There is apparantly problems with the shift cable and it is tough to find to replace it. Contact Kennyo on here. He has one and has sourced some of the parts.
Eddie
Old 08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

I did it to my 25 Convincer and picked up 4 mph but DO NOT do it without hydraulic steering.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered

thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Like you've already heard, the pro is that some boats actually do respond (more speed) with this piece. The cons are that they get that speed by increasing the amount of positive trim. If your boat is the least bit goofy with lots of positive trim right now, it's going to be even wierder and harder to handle.

I absolutley agree with the hydraulic steering recommendation. These things are murder on your gimble ring by the way since it was never designed to have that much stress on it.

One thing they never told you is that the further back one moves the prop from the transom, the further up you need to go with propshaft height so as not to add drag. The stern jack gizmo just moves you straight back and not up. So, you might gain some speed, but not as much as if you'd reduced the drag too.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default land and sea

i had one on my fountain and removed it.it was a hazzard to peopls jumping and swimming off the back of the boat,plus at docking speed it was a mother to steer.i think they are also hard on the gimble assembly too.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can work in some applications, but parts these days can be an issue, also it does add stress to the gimble & steering. We have done a few. Those are the pros & cons in a nut shell.. Jamie / Lakeside