High Oil Pressure on the gauge >

High Oil Pressure on the gauge

Notices

High Oil Pressure on the gauge

Old 09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Oil Pressure on the gauge

I replaced all the gauges w/ AutoMeter Marine and new sending units. Now the Oil Pressure reads 80 at idle immediately after start up and does not move. The Gauge is a 0-80 and so is the sending unit. I have tried a seperate ground wire at the SU and no change. The original gauges registered 40 at idle.
I have asked Dana Marine for replacement sending units but no reply for months.
Both engines register the same. They are HP 500's and the sending unit is near the back of the engines below the heads, same location as the originals.
Any ideas for what my next step should be?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Bajaoutlawd
I replaced all the gauges w/ AutoMeter Marine and new sending units. Now the Oil Pressure reads 80 at idle immediately after start up and does not move. The Gauge is a 0-80 and so is the sending unit. I have tried a seperate ground wire at the SU and no change. The original gauges registered 40 at idle.
I have asked Dana Marine for replacement sending units but no reply for months.
Both engines register the same. They are HP 500's and the sending unit is near the back of the engines below the heads, same location as the originals.
Any ideas for what my next step should be?
sounds like you got the wrong sending units,call autometer..
(815) 895-8141
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Oil Press at gauge

Thanks for the idea. I took the advise and called Autometer. How silly of me to assume that since I bought the gauges and senders at the same time from the same source that they were a match.
Autometer told me their OP gauge only works w/ Livorsi sending units. All other brands do not match the resistance.
So I drove up to Teague on Friday, bought two new sending units. I installed them and will confirm the solution Wed. when I go out from Dana Point.

Thanks Again. Lesson learned about some Marine parts stores..