Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Marine Machine still make this cylinder? >

Marine Machine still make this cylinder?

Notices

Marine Machine still make this cylinder?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine Machine still make this cylinder?

I've been wanting to go full hyd on the 24 (twin cylinder).. currently it has a single cyl add-on system. Just wondering if I can just get another cylinder to match what I've got.
Attached Thumbnails Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1614.jpg   Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1615.jpg   Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1616.jpg  

Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Figure while I'm asking about steering cylinders I'll get educated some:
I've got a single cylinder on this 21SB of mine and it works great.. I'm figuring the reason for twin cylinders is to handle rough conditions, right? The 21 doesn't really see real rough stuff.. and it really doesn't have much weight to act on the steering when it does.

This is a Mayfair on my 21, but I think its pretty much the same as the Marine Machine? The distance from centerline is a little longer, maybe 1.5".
Attached Thumbnails Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1617.jpg   Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1618.jpg   Marine Machine still make this cylinder?-img_1619.jpg  

Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I had the same ram on my 24. I think for a smaller lighter boat a single ram system is adequate. I ran through lots of rough water and the steering was rock solid.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
I had the same ram on my 24. I think for a smaller lighter boat a single ram system is adequate. I ran through lots of rough water and the steering was rock solid.
Dave, did you have full hyd and just the single ram on your 24?

My 24 is really light, but I was planning on going to dual ram... maybe its not necessary? I have a hose kit/filter from previous owner.. all I really need is a helm.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ndaniels
Dave, did you have full hyd and just the single ram on your 24?

My 24 is really light, but I was planning on going to dual ram... maybe its not necessary? I have a hose kit/filter from previous owner.. all I really need is a helm.
Yup, single ram, FULL to the helm. Adding the helm made a huge diff. over just the ram.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

I hate to do it, but I'm gonna bring this back up.

Marine Machine still make the cylinder pictured in post #1?

Want twin rams, or else I'd just convert it with the single I have. Went upstairs and looked at my parts.. I guess I have more sitting here for the conversion than I thought. It'd be really great if they still made these cylinders. I'll also call them as soon as I get the chance.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Call them and and have the measuements and some pics. Pretty sure thay have not changed the design on their cylinders.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered

Thanks Griff, I called them this morning. Sounds like they can match it up and rebuild my old one... talked to a hell of a good dude down there.