Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Better link

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/

Excerpt
What Vehicles May Use E15?
MY2007 and newer cars.
MY2007 and newer light-duty trucks.
MY2007 and newer medium-duty passenger vehicles.
top of page

What Vehicles and Engines May Not Use E15?
All motorcycles.
All vehicles with heavy-duty engines, such as school buses, transit buses, and delivery trucks.
All off-road vehicles, such as boats and snowmobiles.
All engines in off-road equipment, such as lawnmowers and chain saws.
All 2006 model-year and older cars.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More political bull sh#! does absolutly nothing !! you have to burn more, so you get less MPG screws up anything that does not run constantly...typical Obama B/S !!!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Better link

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/

Excerpt
What Vehicles May Use E15?
MY2007 and newer cars.
MY2007 and newer light-duty trucks.
MY2007 and newer medium-duty passenger vehicles.
top of page

What Vehicles and Engines May Not Use E15?
All motorcycles.
All vehicles with heavy-duty engines, such as school buses, transit buses, and delivery trucks.
All off-road vehicles, such as boats and snowmobiles.
All engines in off-road equipment, such as lawnmowers and chain saws.
All 2006 model-year and older cars.
Funny that they should say these vehicles should not use the new blend, but they don't really give us any alternatives as to where we can find the proper stuff. I see nothing but problems ahead for my 2 stroke outboard.

The biggest lesson for all of us out of this mess is that we can now fully understand how one gets a "Political Science" degree. Political science obviously has nothing in common with real science. I can't wait to vote these idiots out of office!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked

The biggest lesson for all of us out of this mess is that we can now fully understand how one gets a "Political Science" degree. Political science obviously has nothing in common with real science. I can't wait to vote these idiots out of office!
Hard to say whom anymore. As last decade proved, this is not a partisan issue. The Farm Belt has been controlled by the corn lobbyists for many years, and they were very successful in getting E10 mandated last decade. The current E15 phase was planned years ago, they just had to go through bells and whistles to get it approved.

Guys like Bruce Rastetter, CEO of Hawkeye Energy Holdings, a major Ethanol company. He's listed as a huge contributor to the American Future Fund, which is yet another of the large 501C groups that lobbies for their buddies. A huge reason that powerful people did not want the 501 groups to be shut out from political season. Nor do any of them want to be identified.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink 15% Ethanol and Marine uses = Disaster!

Bottom Line:

DO NOT RUN 15% ETHANOL IN ANY BOAT AND AVOID 10% ETHANOL WHEN YOU CAN!

For those who fuel on the water at lakes and marinas make sure you let your fuel dealers know you want a non-blended gasoline available for your and other boaters usage and if they won't or can't supply non-blended gasoline you will have to buy from someone else and they will loose the business ! Money is the best motivator!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every marina around Sarasota has non ethanol gasoline availible. Some even have 93 octane premium. As long as I have this availible I won't have to worry about ethanol.
Guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed they don't do away with it.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
Bottom Line:

DO NOT RUN 15% ETHANOL IN ANY BOAT AND AVOID 10% ETHANOL WHEN YOU CAN!

For those who fuel on the water at lakes and marinas make sure you let your fuel dealers know you want a non-blended gasoline available for your and other boaters usage and if they won't or can't supply non-blended gasoline you will have to buy from someone else and they will loose the business ! Money is the best motivator!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I agree, a lot of marinas on Lake St. Clair in Michigan have pure gas, and I let them know thats why I am buying from them. Also Vavetec fuel sold as marine gas still has ethanol in it but with some stablizer which I won't run either. There was a marina on Lake St.Clair that got rid of there pure gas fuel one season, only to bring it back due to the loss of sales and boaters *****ing about it.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I'm not sure where you buy gas, but its federally mandated that ALL gasoline is 10% ethanol. That includes your 91 and up, as far as I know.

i'm in kansas and the only place that have blends in their 91+ are the Casey's stores. i was also told by a store owner they have to have the pumps marked if they are a blend.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Interesting article.

http://www.boatingmag.com/maintenanc...ller-your-boat
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately check with your local marinas that offer fuel on the water, they should continue to sell non ethanol gas for as long as it is being produced. I still fill mine up off the lake before boating, but i have an old gas station near me that offers non ethanol fuel. For those who don't have that comfort, and you have no choice but to gas up with ethanol you can add marine formula STA-BIL with ethanol treatment everytime you fill up. Try your best to plan ahead for the amount of fuel you need, cause even when adding this I don't suggest leaving it in your tank for very long. During winterization, I would recommend draining your tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.