Making a Dry Exhaust System >

Making a Dry Exhaust System

Notices

Making a Dry Exhaust System

Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not everyone gets over it. If you ask the people what drives them most to start up speed limits laws/debates it is ussuelly because of the noise of our boats. When I asked the legislature last year if our boats were quite would we be having this debate now and he said probably not.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Just kidding about pizzing everyone off. Cool folks at my marina, they like the noise! Theres a couple boats w/ dry exhaust around my area, and I love the way they sound.........gotta have it!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone I know that I boat with loves loud bada$$ boats how's the saying go if it's to loud your to old. It's like the people that complain about there docks getting beat up living on the main part of the lake you knew a cruiser and boat traffic would come by before you bought it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
Everyone I know that I boat with loves loud bada$$ boats how's the saying go if it's to loud your to old. It's like the people that complain about there docks getting beat up living on the main part of the lake you knew a cruiser and boat traffic would come by before you bought it.
Exactly!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be looking at taking my long riser stainless marine exhaust and doing the same thing, while my motors are out this winter for upgrade's. If any one can explain this process that we be great. As I understand it, you weld the normal water injected site closed, and then extend the stainless risers as far back as possible removing as much rubber hose as possible. Then cut and weld a bung into the end of the wet part of the riser so water can be directed to the outside of the boat, but still injecting a fine mist of water into the un cooled portion of riser to keep heat down. Am I on the right path here?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
I may be looking at taking my long riser stainless marine exhaust and doing the same thing, while my motors are out this winter for upgrade's. If any one can explain this process that we be great. As I understand it, you weld the normal water injected site closed, and then extend the stainless risers as far back as possible removing as much rubber hose as possible. Then cut and weld a bung into the end of the wet part of the riser so water can be directed to the outside of the boat, but still injecting a fine mist of water into the un cooled portion of riser to keep heat down. Am I on the right path here?
Post a pic of your SM riser and tails. Do you have stainless tails or 4" rubber hose. I have dry to the tip SM tails on my boat. I talked to JimV today and he said you dropped your engines off. He can help you make them dry and weld O2 bungs in them if need be. He did mine.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi jason, I was checking out your scarab today at Jim's, nice boat!!! Yes at Jim's today we pulled the problem motor down to where we could pull lifter's and found our problem. We also found a milkshake, on the underside of the intake. Not sure if the reversion, was caused by the bad lifter, and the exhaust valve not opening correctly or if there is a problem else where. We are going to more agressive cam's from where we are right now, so if we will have a reversion issue, I am trying to think of solution's should this be an issue. Dry exhaust should take care of that for good I would think. Yes I did talk to Jim about it today also, and I think I will have him fabricate the system should it need it. I have the rubber hose tail's, not the stainless but they are the long risers. I was looking at one of your riser's at the shop. What was the tube running inside of the tail? I was trying to determine how it worked.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
if it's to loud your to old.
Phuch em !!!!!!!!!!!!! rev em up
Old 11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Just kidding about pizzing everyone off. Cool folks at my marina, they like the noise! Theres a couple boats w/ dry exhaust around my area, and I love the way they sound.........gotta have it!
does the Dry exhaust pipes turn brown ??
Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only time I don't like loud pipes is when the engines are turned off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.