Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best? >

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Notices

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice, what are you doing for a flapper? I use the angle cut with internal stainless flapper and no mufflers.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Nice, what are you doing for a flapper? I use the angle cut with internal stainless flapper and no mufflers.
Nothing yet, I am not sure if I should make one to fit or run them without.

What do you think of having no flapper?I have silent choice so my thinking is if I get a backplash of water when getting off the throttle it would go down the down pipe, or I shut the thru hull off.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Get the long angle cut tips with internal flappers from Hardin then you can have mufflers or run it straight through.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Keith you figure the exhaust tips should have flappers??
I dont want to buy new ones!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
I know mufflers suck so what I had done to my tips was to remove the internal flapper and tig weld an internal muffler as shown.
This make the boat legal where we boat with the law enforcement and still let it sound good.
These tips are rated for 700 HP.

That looks pretty sweet! I'm gonna run without mufflers but will be putting flappers in the tips. Putting the mufflers in the tips is not a bad way to go. I like how yours looks. If I end up having to run them...that's the way I'll go! Personally, (if you look at the pic in my first post) sticking mufflers on the tips would make everything stick WAY way to far out!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mustangmark
That looks pretty sweet! I'm gonna run without mufflers but will be putting flappers in the tips. Putting the mufflers in the tips is not a bad way to go. I like how yours looks. If I end up having to run them...that's the way I'll go! Personally, (if you look at the pic in my first post) sticking mufflers on the tips would make everything stick WAY way to far out!
Sounds like a good idea. The bolt on clamp on style mufflers are ugly. I'm thinking it is probably a good idea to have the internal stainless flapper but stile debating the idea.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
I know mufflers suck so what I had done to my tips was to remove the internal flapper and tig weld an internal muffler as shown.
This make the boat legal where we boat with the law enforcement and still let it sound good.
These tips are rated for 700 HP.
Those are nice looking tips...good idea on the muffler. I noticed you also have a sweet ride in the background of your exhaust tip pic. Coulld you show us some full pics of your Camaro...Please?~!
Jim
Old 11-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mustangmark
The guy I bought my warlock from lives out in Sebastopol. I picked it up a little over a year ago. I had a really wild looking flatbottom that said "whiplash" on the side of it before the warlock. What city do you live in? What do you mean by balogne cut tips? Still new to the i/o stuff...learning fast though. Where abouts do you run your boat?
We're in Pleasant Hill and run the Delta, Bay and the usuall lake trips when i feel like towing in the summer. You need to hook up with the DLB, good group that runs just about every week all year. Yours must be a different boat but it sounds nice, love old Warlocks! Too bad Tom quote building them years back.

Balogne cut tips are the angled tips.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
We're in Pleasant Hill and run the Delta, Bay and the usuall lake trips when i feel like towing in the summer. You need to hook up with the DLB, good group that runs just about every week all year. Yours must be a different boat but it sounds nice, love old Warlocks! Too bad Tom quote building them years back.

Balogne cut tips are the angled tips.

Ah, "the delta lunch bunch"! I have a good friend that's part of that group. He's got a 21' Daytona Eliminator. I like the delta, just don't care for the inexperienced and disrespectful boaters out there. Your right, we are right around the corner from each other. I live up off Cowell rd. in Concord. A lot of people know me through my 66 mustang. It's a pro street mustang that's dark blue w/ black ralley stripes. It's tubbed, caged, sounds real snotty, etc.... (the lic. plate use to say ITS ALIV. I just switched it to OU 8 DST). I use to take it to Baja Fresh on Fridays for the car show. Don't know if you ever saw or have seen it.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet I know that car, seen it at the show a few times. We're over by the old Back40 off Oak Park. Is that Kalor with the Daytona? I've probably talked to you before, I've been in the area most of my days. I used to work for Morgans years back when Timmy was still running top fuel boats.

Yep, Disco Bay Delta is one dangerouse spot for a fast boat, ski boats and water lice with drunk idiots that have checkbooks. We drop in at Pittsburgh and head up the main channel usually and stay in the old delta from Rio Vista to Grand Isle, Bethel, Sherman area. I try and stay away from Orwood, Disco and that whole scene. This time of year we head downriver to the Bay more. We keep our Superhawk and the Regal at Martinez and the wife far prefers the big boats on the bay so the only time the Fountain gets out there is when i go out with the boys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.