Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best? >

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Notices

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Btw, don't bother buying tips, I've got a bunch of old stock i can sell you cheap! Brand new in box, come over take a look and see if I have anything you want. I keep meaning to post it up in the swapshop.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
Those are nice looking tips...good idea on the muffler. I noticed you also have a sweet ride in the background of your exhaust tip pic. Coulld you show us some full pics of your Camaro...Please?~!
Jim
Thank, I like the look and sound from these tips!!
Attached Thumbnails Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?-pic-69-camaro-rs.jpg   Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?-1970-gto-4.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thunder, sorry about the Camaro pic, I screwed that one up and cant get back to size properly. I will have to do it from home.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
sweet I know that car, seen it at the show a few times. We're over by the old Back40 off Oak Park. Is that Kalor with the Daytona? I've probably talked to you before, I've been in the area most of my days. I used to work for Morgans years back when Timmy was still running top fuel boats.

Yep, Disco Bay Delta is one dangerouse spot for a fast boat, ski boats and water lice with drunk idiots that have checkbooks. We drop in at Pittsburgh and head up the main channel usually and stay in the old delta from Rio Vista to Grand Isle, Bethel, Sherman area. I try and stay away from Orwood, Disco and that whole scene. This time of year we head downriver to the Bay more. We keep our Superhawk and the Regal at Martinez and the wife far prefers the big boats on the bay so the only time the Fountain gets out there is when i go out with the boys.
Man, It's a small world! I probably bought parts at one time or anther from you when you worked at morgans! My buddy Adam W. owns the daytona. Adam has been around for awhile. He use to race his camaro in outlaw back in the day if I recall correctly. Way back then, he was running in the 9's (we're talking like 92) which was pretty damn fast back then compared to where we where all running.
I don't know if you had heard about this Delta accident or not but this past summer I had my warlock out there and as we where heading to ski beach I ran out of gas. I know, dumb ass move on my part! Anyway, I had a buddy with me that had a friend that lived close by that was willing to bring us some gas. We waited for about an hour before my buddies friend and his daughter showed up to bail us out. We got the boat fired back up and went on our way. I found out later that day that after they helped us out, that the daughter was struck by a wake boarder jumping a wake while she was driving the boat. Apparently,the boats where coming in different directions and the wake boarder didn't see the jet boat coming, cut across his wake and landed on the jet boat she was driving hitting her in the head then ending up wrapped around the motor (tunnel ram motor to make it that much worse). I don't know how close the boats where to each other but do know that some of the channels out there are pretty narrow. Personally, I feel that someone in the wake board boat should have been using "hand-gestures" to warn the wake boarder of on coming boats. In the end I don't think they found either party at fault and it was looked at as an unfortunate circumstance but goes to show you how crazy it is out there. Both the people involved where seriously hurt in the accident and had to be life-flighted out. Fortunately, neither person was killed and they have both recovered from their injuries from what I have been told. I actually saw the daughter a couple weeks after the accident at her dads house and other than the neck brace she was wearing and some bruises she was doing really well.
I completely understand way you launch out of pitt. I go there often to put in and test. my roommate is also into the boating scene. He has a 34' scarab.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
Btw, don't bother buying tips, I've got a bunch of old stock i can sell you cheap! Brand new in box, come over take a look and see if I have anything you want. I keep meaning to post it up in the swapshop.

Sounds good, I'll have to see what you have. That could really help me out. I got the quote back from stainless marine today for them to fab up the tips and nearly had a heart attack! If I have to go that route though I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and fork out the cash!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Registered

Default You should get some of these

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk
Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice Adam, you gotta' love those Oakland folk! The only reason I go near that town is to get to the airport.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a set of 4" Stainless Marine straight cut with internal flapper; new, never installed. You can have them for $60. Located in San Jose.

Lofty, this is Greg; how is the red ICBM doing?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mustangmark
I have to have these things custom made if I go angle cut because I have not been able to find anything but straight cut that has a 25 or 30 degree mounting flange to match my transom angle! ahhhhh.....decisions, decisions, decisions!!!
Did you check out Corsa tips? I know they have alot of different angles to choose from. Here's their page:

http://www.corsaperf.com/media/pdf/T...xit%20Tips.pdf
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Default cmi tips

Had a pair of angle tips with the non burn flappers.... they lasted 6 months before they burned out and actually blew out the tips at some point!! Lolbut didn't like the noise the internal flappers made fluttering in there....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.